This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
interval time for temperature TX?
hello,
which interval is the external temperature transmitted?
I have often - - - posted, I tried different places, different coding, another TX board, another RX board.
When I restart the RX, it stays locked for a long time while waiting for the frame of the temperature, the system often restarts 2X and it takes 10 minutes to get the display

This problem occurred with the installation of version 4 several weeks ago.

thanks.
Werk would need to post the definite answer (but it is posted elsewhere).
But, I think it's under a minute for outside temp so it looks like you have an issue with your link.
(22-12-2017, 09:19)f4aii Wrote: hello,
which interval is the external temperature transmitted?
I have often - - - posted, I tried different places, different coding, another TX board, another RX board.
When I restart the RX, it stays locked for a long time while waiting for the frame of the temperature, the system often restarts 2X and it takes 10 minutes to get the display

This problem occurred with the installation of version 4 several weeks ago.

thanks.

Hi f4aii

The outdoor temperature is transmited each 17 seconds. This value is not arbitrary and should not be changed.

Sometimes the described issue may not  be related only to transmission problems, but also with some problem with reading the sensor. So, firstly please check if there isn't any problem with reading the sensor. Start by enabling the debug option for ID0 on the TX software. Using the Serial Monitor check if there are a reading more or less at each 17 seconds. If there isn't, you have found the problem.

In the user configurable options also check if there isn't any sensor enabled that isn't present.

Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   Define type of Temperature / Humidity sensor used as Sensor 0 and / or Sensor 1
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define TH_Sensor0  1      // [SENSOR 0] - 0 for SHT2x sensor, 1 for SHT31 sensor, 2 for HTU21 sensor, 9 for Not Used
#define TH_Sensor1  9      // [SENSOR 1] - 0 for SHT1x sensor, 1 for DHT22 sensor, 9 for Not Used

Here, enable only the data you need to send for a particular TX unit.
Example for a TX unit with Temp/Hum, Wind and Rain Gauge

Code:
//   Define which data this unit will send. 0 = Not send this data, 1= Send this data
#define ID0  1   // Temp/Hum Data
#define ID1  0   // Not Used
#define ID2  1   // Wind data
#define ID3  1   // Rain data
#define ID4  0   // SolRad / UV data
#define ID5  1   // Hardware Status - System Temp, Battery Voltage etc
#define ID7  0   // Send Soil & Leaf Temperature Data
#define ID9  0   // Send Soil & Leaf Moisture / Wetness Data

Check all user configurable settings, always disabling anything that isn't in use, like the Soil/Left interface etc...

If every of those things are correct, then we can start to think in a problem with the RF data transmission.
Before we continue, please check all this.

If possible, please also give some details of your installation, number of TX units in use, type of T/H sensor, TX and RX software version.
Thank you.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

Thanks for the information, I use a single board TX with the last software package.
I did not install the TMP36 sensor on it.
the other sensors are:
- TH sensor0 = SHT31
- TH sensor1 = DHT22
- F0 wind vane
- F0 anemometer
- F0 rain
- Solar UV-30A
- pyranometer
in the serial monitor, I have a good reading at 17-second intervals, no error, no frame lost, missing or truncated.
On the receiver, I receive 1 frame about 20, it's been several minutes without decoding the data, so - - - on the display. I moved away, I moved the units together, the coding was changed to different values.
I had this problem on the old board RX that I keep in test.
On this new RX board, all components are new.
On this new TX board, all components are new.

i try to find an issue with the old TX / RX boards.
thanks

[Image: p_201719.jpg]
(23-12-2017, 15:09)f4aii Wrote: Thanks for the information, I use a single board TX with the last software package.
I did not install the TMP36 sensor on it.
the other sensors are:
- TH sensor0 = SHT31
- TH sensor1 = DHT22
- F0 wind vane
- F0 anemometer
- F0 rain
- Solar UV-30A
- pyranometer

in the serial monitor, I have a good reading at 17-second intervals, no error, no frame lost, missing or truncated.
On the receiver, I receive 1 frame about 20, it's been several minutes without decoding the data, so - - - on the display. I moved away, I moved the units together, the coding was changed to different values.

Ok, so any problem with reading the T/H sensor can be discarded
With this setup, the TX led on the TX board should blink every 3 seconds (wind data is sent each 3 seconds) or even more frequently, and the receiver should get a data packet more or less at the same frequency. Enable the Relay Data function on the receiver software (even if you don't have installed the transmitter module) and check the TX led blinking frequency. It will blink everytime the receiver gets a data packet.

(23-12-2017, 15:09)f4aii Wrote: I had this problem on the old board RX that I keep in test.
On this new RX board, all components are new.
On this new TX board, all components are new.

i try to find an issue with the old TX / RX boards.
thanks

I'm not sure if I correctly understood what you mean, however if you have more then one TX unit powered at the same time, each one should have a different unit ID, otherwise the data packets will collide constantly.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

Not yet been able to try, I changed the meduino mega 2560 by a new one and I make a mistake, i connected only the usb ... since I have a blank screen!
I am going to change the CMS T1 which had been a positive solution in the past: http://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Thread...ro2?page=2

thanks
I changed this morning the RX module and the SMA connector without changing the values of the software. I receive the frames regularly and initialization is very fast. It seems that my SMA connector or my antennas are problematic, it is a model with a long drawn thread but by dint of screwing and unscrewing, there is play and contact with the pin of the antenna becomes random.
The SMA connectors are not at all designed to be connected and disconnected too many times, we talk about 10x max for a reliable contact, it is the same for the tightening torque
Having made various evolutions on the case of the RX and the TX by the addition of sensors, I had to prematurely damage the connectors. My research is now focused on hardware