Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

another new station

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-we...44#history

Hi Werk

Can you add this to the list please. It has been working now for just over 1 month at my farm which is about 50km from the east coast west of Bundaberg about 300km from where I live. The station has been working flawlessly and is just fantastic. I have another set of boards but I am trying to find another Davis sensor pack. Congratulations on such a great project and thanks for all your hard work on it.

Mark

Hi Mark. Curious what solar sensor you went with? Nice to see wunderground display the software type as WeatherDuino_Pro2PLU!

never mind, I noticed there is no reading of solar/UV on wunderground.

No solar/UV sensor....yet.....might do one but I mainly want to know current temp, rainfall, wind strength and direction

Mark

Hi, 
I am interested in setting up stations for agrometerology, to allow one to do growing degree days and and other sums inform an integrated pest management programme.

I have a fairly comprehensive collection of Davis and other research Grade Sensors and built up a number of Weatherduino sets of boards.

Eventually these will be deployed to farms to give a network of robust data to inform IPM programmes and other agric applications.

I teach at www.sruc.ac.uk so it is part of my job as well as my interest. I used (some time ago 1990's) to grow coffee and tea in PNG and we had some of this type of data to predict coffee leaf rust outbreaks.

Werk is doing some work on Apogee PAR and solar radiation sensors making this excellent system even more useful to those of us involved in growing things.

(09-04-2017, 09:54)JT118 Wrote:  I have a fairly comprehensive collection of Davis and other research Grade Sensors and built up a number of Weatherduino sets of boards.

Werk is doing some work on Apogee PAR and solar radiation sensors making this excellent system even more useful to those of us involved in growing things.

Most of us don't know this, but without the knowledge, help and kindness of JT118 to supply me some sensors for tests, the number of weather instruments currently supported by the WeatherDuino Pro2 system certainly would not be what it is. This is particularly true, regarding the support for Soil Moisture and Leaf Wetness sensors.
Now, we are collaborating again, trying to add support in the WeatherDuino Pro2 system, for the Apogge SP-110 Pyranometer and the for Apogee SQ-110 PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation).
Than you, JT118.

The possible uses of the WeatherDuino Pro2 system in agrometerology is something which interests me particularly.

(08-04-2017, 13:54)markkkk42 Wrote:  https://www.wunderground.com/personal-we...44#history

Hi Werk

Can you add this to the list please. It has been working now for just over 1 month at my farm which is about 50km from the east coast west of Bundaberg about 300km from where I live. The station has been working flawlessly and is just fantastic. I have another set of boards but I am trying to find another Davis sensor pack. Congratulations on such a great project and thanks for all your hard work on it.

Mark

Hi Mark,
I'm glad to know about that. As far I as know, your WeatherDuino Pro2 Plus is the first system that is working completely unattended, taking advantage of its capability to upload data to Wunderground, without the need to have any other device (PC or RPi) attached to it.

If I'm not wrong, it is working solar powered. Right?
Congratulations for your work.

Regards