This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wifi Wireless Display clock
Hi,
From time to time the clock is half an hour late on the WD display. Huh
I have two displays connected by WiFi to the internet and to a PRO2 + station for data. It happens occasionally on one or the other.
Any idea ?

Attached File(s)
.txt   Config_Options.txt (Size: 9,97 KB / Downloads: 9)
Laurent

[Image: bannerfr.php]
(17-01-2020, 15:00)laulau Wrote: Hi,
From time to time the clock is half an hour late on the WD display. Huh
I have two displays connected by WiFi to the internet and to a PRO2 + station for data. It happens occasionally on one or the other.
Any idea ?

Hello, Laurent,

I think the config file is okay, although I'm used to defining automatic time adjusting differently. But personally, I don't think that solves the problem.

You have:
Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Define rules for Auto Summer Time Display, and clock adjustment
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Example for Australia Eastern Time Zone (Sydney, Melbourne)
// TimeChangeRule aEDT = {"AEDT", First, Sun, Oct, 2, 660}; //UTC + 11 hours
// TimeChangeRule aEST = {"AEST", First, Sun, Apr, 3, 600}; //UTC + 10 hours
// Timezone myTZ(aEDT, aEST);

//TimeChangeRule PST = {"PST", Last, Sun, Mar, 1, 60}; //Portuguese Summer Time - "UTC + 1" or GMT + 1
//TimeChangeRule PWT = {"GMT", Last, Sun, Oct, 2, 0}; //Portuguese Winter Time - "UTC + 0" or GMT
//Timezone myTZ (PST, PWT);
TimeChangeRule cEST = {"CEST", Last, Sun, Mar, 2, 120}; //Central European Summer Time - "GMT + 2"
TimeChangeRule cET = {"CET", Last, Sun, Oct, 3, 60}; //Central European Time - "GMT + 1"
Timezone myTZ(cEST, cET);

and I am used to have:
Code:
//   Define rules for Auto Summer Time Display, and clock adjustment
// Example for Australia Eastern Time Zone (Sydney, Melbourne) 
// TimeChangeRule aEDT = {"AEDT", First, Sun, Oct, 2, 660};    //UTC + 11 hours 
// TimeChangeRule aEST = {"AEST", First, Sun, Apr, 3, 600};    //UTC + 10 hours 
// Timezone myTZ(aEDT, aEST); 

TimeChangeRule CEST = {"GMT+2", Last, Sun, Mar, 2, 120};       //Central European Summer Time -  "GMT + 2"
TimeChangeRule CET  = {"GMT+1", Last, Sun, Oct, 3, 60};        //Central European Time -  "GMT + 1" 
Timezone myTZ(CEST, CET);

I would probably focus on the NTP protocol functionality in your network...
Good luck.
Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here