This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WeeWx extra data plugin
Hello everybody,

Finally it's the time to release the first (beta) version for the WeeWx WeatherDuino Logger plugin.
This plugin for WeeWx allows you to get all extra data like snow height, AQM data or any extra sensors in full precision to WeeWx weather software.

[Image: y4mj7v7r65wBJP5QK31hcW2xVDKwW6Z-tDctpNcs...pmode=none]

The principle is very easy, the WeatherDuino logger plugin writes each minute a WeeWx export text file with your desired values. The WeeWx plugin reads this file, checks its currency, and saves it to the WeeWx database.

Attention: The plugin was tested with the Database to use metric units, it should also work with a database in US units (default), but I have not tested it yet.
Please read the included manual carefully. Since the plugin is in a beta stadium, all preconditions have to be like in the test environment, otherwise WeeWx might crash.

Don't forget to make some backups before  Smile 

Find the latest release and the install manuals in my git:
https://github.com/menachers/WeatherDuino

Best regards,
engolling
Sounds excellent engolling, I look forward to trying it out when your work is done  Smile
41south.net.nz powered by WeatherDuino and Weewx
Happy New Year engolling, is there any release of this plugin yet? Looking forward to adding more data to my Weewx installation.

Thanks
Colin
(10-01-2019, 22:45)41south Wrote: Happy New Year engolling, is there any release of this plugin yet? Looking forward to adding more data to my Weewx installation.

Thanks
Colin

Hi Colin,

happy new year  Smile .
I think I will have the first beta ready in the next 24 hours. I'm doing final tests at the moment.

My hope was to get things done between Christmas and New Year, but there were so much other things to do …
So I had to work on it again after getting home the last and this week.

Best regards,
engolling
I could not finish the plugin completely, still have problems with the temperature unit at the moment but most of the stuff is already running, I will continue tomorrow  Smile .

Best wishes,
engolling
All good things take time Smile
Updated the first post with the beta release.

It works for me so far, but I have still some trouble with the temperature units. When I'm trying to implement Farenheit and deg Celsius for the same unit group, strange things happens.
So for the moment my database is in "metric" units and everything is tested only with metric units. I do not know what happens in other cases.

Best regards,
engolling
(13-01-2019, 18:40)engolling Wrote: Updated the first post with the beta release.

It works for me so far, but I have still some trouble with the temperature units. When I'm trying to implement Farenheit and deg Celsius for the same unit group, strange things happens.
So for the moment my database is in "metric" units and everything is tested only with metric units. I do not know what happens in other cases.

Best regards,
engolling

My database too is metric units so I will try it shortly.

Many thanks for the work on this
Engolling, have I missed the file download somewhere?
(14-01-2019, 03:35)41south Wrote: Engolling, have I missed the file download somewhere?

Nope… forgot the attachment.  Blush