Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WeatherDuino Pro2 v2.0 software is out!

After a few months of hard work, I'm proud to announce the immediate availability of the v2.0 software package for the WeatherDuino Pro2 system!

First news: The AuriolDuino system was merged into the WeatherDuino Pro2 project. This means that from now on, the WeatherDuino Pro2 receiver unit also can be used with all the Weather Stations* previously supported by the AuriolDuino system.

For the current and new WeatherDuino Pro2 users, there are novelties too:

- Added support (experimental yet) for Soil Moisture**, Leaf Wetness** and Soil / Leaf temperature sensors**, using a dedicated Soil / Leaf interface (expected to be available in May 2016).
- New user programmable general purpose output function, which can be used to turn on or off a relay.
- Added a three digits diagnostic code in the LCD startup screen.
- Added a user configurable option to enable / disable Wind Gust Spike prevention routine (mostly for FO anemometers)
- New software for the TX units. Added support for the Soil / Leaf interface
- Wireless Display units have a new screen design, showing more info, driven by touch or by the push button.
- Better comments in all software.
- Improved code (each day I learn a bit).

And of course, compatible with all existing hardware***.

Thank you to those that have helped testing the beta versions, and a special thank you to JT118, without his help and support possibly the the Soil / Leaf interface would not exist.

* Auriol H13726, Ventus W155, Hama EWS 1500 / Meteoscan w155 w160 / Alecto WS-3500 / Balance RF-WS100

** Supported Soil Moisture sensor: Vegetronix VH400
** Supported Leaf Wetness sensor: Decagon Leaf Wetness Sensor.
** Supported Soil / Leaf temperature sensors - Up to four Dallas 1-wire temperature sensors.

*** Soil / Leaf interface may work only with TX v3.xx boards

Thank you both Werk_AG and JT118 by this huge effort. Sorry for my English is not good

Unfortunately my English is not the best too. Don't worry, here all of us are very comprehensive persons. Smile
Thank you too, for have believed in the WeatherDuino Pro2