Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Setting date and time problem

(17-09-2018, 09:18)jarekh3 Wrote:  I do not understand why the program ignores my time zone settings.
Code:
TimeChangeRule PST = {"PST", Last, Sun, Mar, 1, 120};   //Portuguese Summer Time -  "UTC + 1" or GMT + 1
TimeChangeRule GMT = {"GMT", Last, Sun, Oct, 2, 60};    //Portuguese Winter Time -  "UTC + 0" or GMT
Timezone myTZ(PST, GMT);

Slowly end to me ideas, replace the EEPROM, Meduino, whether to buy a fifth RTC?

Hi jarekh3,

I think you are from Poland, so why are you entering Pacific Time? I think you have the same time as here in the Czech Republic.

This is my settings:
Code:
TimeChangeRule CEST = {"GMT+2", Last, Sun, Mar, 2, 120};       //Central European Summer Time -  "GMT + 2"
TimeChangeRule CET  = {"GMT+1", Last, Sun, Oct, 3, 60};        //Central European Time -  "GMT + 1"
Timezone myTZ(CEST, CET);

Could you try the same?

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

(17-09-2018, 09:18)jarekh3 Wrote:  All this happens on a clean install of Weatherduino v. 7 and is independent of the settings of the longitude and latitude or time zone. 

No matter I do, I wasn't unable to reproduce the problem. Even without the RTC module installed on the RX board, the clock on the TFT is always shown correctly.
An issue like this had never reported before, so for now I don't have any clue.

Seems clear now, that the problem isn't related to the RTC modules.

(17-09-2018, 09:18)jarekh3 Wrote:  Slowly end to me ideas, replace the EEPROM, Meduino, whether to buy a fifth RTC?

I believe whatever the problem is, isn't related to the EEPROM or with the Meduino.

One suggestion that occurs me now, is doing the same test that you are doing using the mega 2560, but with the WeatherDuino board.
You can connect the LCD to any I2C connector on the RX board and run the same software. If it will work, we can discard any hardware problem.

With the weatherduino software loaded, try to perform a factory reset by pressing the push button for 5 seconds, this will clean the eeprom.

Hi all, thanks for your patience.

(17-09-2018, 21:58)hornychz Wrote:  Hi jarekh3,

I think you are from Poland, so why are you entering Pacific Time? I think you have the same time as here in the Czech Republic.

This is my settings:
Code:
TimeChangeRule CEST = {"GMT+2", Last, Sun, Mar, 2, 120};       //Central European Summer Time -  "GMT + 2"
TimeChangeRule CET  = {"GMT+1", Last, Sun, Oct, 3, 60};        //Central European Time -  "GMT + 1"
Timezone myTZ(CEST, CET);

Could you try the same?

This was my first setting but since there were problems I came back to the  "clean" configuration.

(18-09-2018, 02:56)Werk_AG Wrote:  You can connect the LCD to any I2C connector on the RX board and run the same software. If it will work, we can discard any hardware problem.

With the weatherduino software loaded, try to perform a factory reset by pressing the push button for 5 seconds, this will clean the eeprom.

This RTC has been set by the NPT via the WeatherDuino software, was mounted as  "clean" 01-01-2000 00:00 (Real time is 22:23):[Image: 7d0a10d427c7.jpg]
but the program displays this:[Image: a9dab8ad316d.jpg]

BUT!  Idea
 I have in home one more RTC DS3231!
He has been working perfectly for two years on the Arduino aquarium lamp driver. I will try to remove it tomorrow and connect to the board.

Hi,

As said before, at this point I think the issue is not related to your RTC modules.
There isn't any other report about this issue involving the latest version of the WeatherDuino Pro2 Plus software, so the only thing which I can think about is a problem related with some of the libraries used.
Try to download the software again, and make sure that the RTCLib, Time and Timezone libraries installed are those included in the software package. Activate the verbose output of the compiler to check these libraries are used when the software is compiled, and not any other version with the same name.

UFFFFFFFF.......!!!!!!!  Angel

I borrowed from my wife's old laptop which I've never heard of the Arduino.
And result:
[Image: 10282f18d8ce.jpg]
I'm very happy.

Thanks Werk_AG for your help and sorry for causing trouble.

Congratulations!

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

Ah, the old different libraries being used trick.
Pleased you got it sorted!

Thanks  Smile

My wife now has an ideal installation Arduino  Big Grin

(20-09-2018, 21:32)jarekh3 Wrote:  UFFFFFFFF.......!!!!!!!  Angel

I borrowed from my wife's old laptop which I've never heard of the Arduino.
And result:
[Image: 10282f18d8ce.jpg]
I'm very happy.

Thanks Werk_AG for your help and sorry for causing trouble.

I'm happy too!  Smile
Thanks.

When finished, perhaps you could post some pictures of your installation. Its always a pleasure to see the solutions each one find for assembling the system.

Of course, I publish. Smile
At the moment the wind sensor is printed. A few more parts are in the project phase.