Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Using a Sensirion SHT1x with WeatherDuino Pro2 TX board v2.4x

Support for Sensirion SHT1x sensors, was introduced on the WeatherDuino Pro2 TX software after the TX boards v2.40 and v2.41 have been drawn. For this reason there is not a dedicated connector to this sensor, however it is very easy to connect it, you can use the same connector used for the DHT22 sensor, adding a single extra link.
The image bellow illustrates how to proceed.
On the WeatherDuino Pro2 TX software just change this line

Code:
#define ID1 1        // 0 for SHT1x, 1 for DHT22

to this

Code:
#define ID1 0        // 0 for SHT1x, 1 for DHT22

Easy, or not? Smile

Connecting a SHT1X sensor to WeatherDuino Pro2 TX board v2.4x
[Image: WDPro2_SHT1X.jpg]

A module with the low cost STH10 can be easily found on eBay for around 10€, with free shipping.
This is really a nice sensor for outside temperature / humity readings. Davis weather stations will use one like this (if not the SHT10, it will be the SHT11).
Cable between TX unit and sensor can be up to 5 meters.

Despite the DHT22 be a good sensor, for serious outside temperature /humidity readings, I strongly recommend using a SHT10, SHT11 or SHT15 sensor.

SHT10 info, click here.
SHT1x sensors datasheet, click here.

Note: WeatherDuino Pro2 also supports Sensirion SHT2X sensors. Those sensors are very good but quite expensive. They use I2C for communications, and can be connected directly to I2C connector on the WeatherDuino Pro2 TX board. More about this latter on another topic.

TX boards from version 2.50 forward, already include a connector for the SHT1x sensor.

WeatherDuino Pro2 TX board v2.50
[Image: WDPro2_TXv250.jpg]