Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

UV sensor for WeatherDuino Pro2 weather station

I got this VEML6075 UV sensor,

[Image: s-l225.jpg]

This module is the 5V version, which is needed to connect to an existing TX unit.
I´m planning starting to test it within a couple of weeks (still waiting for a piece of Teflon and a JGS1 fused silica glass, to act as cover).
If I don't find any major problem, it's possible that I add support for that sensor on the WeatherDuino Pro2 software.
Reading data from it is very easy, however as it uses I2C for communication, using long cables may be tricky.

The WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS from v2.1  – Release date 2017-05-28 onwards, already support the use of the VEML6075 UV sensor.

The VEML6075 UV can be used without the Solar/UV interface, it is connected directly to an existing TX board.

Thumbs Up 

Fantastic! Thank you for good news, Werk_AG!  Smile

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

(11-07-2017, 22:08)hornychz Wrote:  Fantastic! Thank you for good news, Werk_AG!  Smile

Werk,
Do you have a preference for the UV sensor?
Regards 
Jim

(04-12-2017, 06:49)Barrow4491 Wrote:  
(11-07-2017, 22:08)hornychz Wrote:  Fantastic! Thank you for good news, Werk_AG!  Smile

Werk,
Do you have a preference for the UV sensor?
Regards 
Jim

Hi Jim,
My preference still goes for the UVM-30.
The VEML6075 seems also interessant, however, at least on my case, I'm getting readings too high from it (sensor covered only by 1mm fused silica).

Regards