Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UV/Solar AD822A problem

Hi everyone,
I have problem with UV/solar board...
Normally all working, but in an absolutely unidentified moment is on the ADC0 output (from solar) 5mV... This is a manual error status

I dont know why, test more capacitors on input, on power suply and etc, but not solved... After any time working normally...

Any idea? I have two PCB, both make this problem and just on channel for solar...

Tnx

(24-09-2018, 16:50)ok2arm Wrote:  Hi everyone,
Normally all working, but in an absolutely unidentified moment is on the ADC0 output (from solar) 5mV... This is a manual error status

I dont know why, test more capacitors on input, on power suply and etc, but not solved... After any time working normally...

Any idea? I have two PCB, both make this problem and just on channel for solar...

Tnx

Dear Josef,

Have you tried to move the operating amplifier directly to the sensor envelope? We work with extremely low voltage and anything can
be induced in the lead wires, even if we work almost short-circuit ...

Good luck!

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

(24-09-2018, 17:20)hornychz Wrote:  
(24-09-2018, 16:50)ok2arm Wrote:  Hi everyone,

Tnx

Dear Josef,

Have you tried to move the operating amplifier directly to the sensor envelope? We work with extremely low voltage and anything can
be induced in the lead wires, even if we work almost short-circuit ...

Good luck!

First test  was in on 40cm cable, now have PCB direct under solar cell and have the same problem... On the input is very low impedance, I think is nonsense some induction from other devices

Problem solved!
Broken UV cell... Normally working, but with HI light flow = HI current something disconnect inside...
With other one working well Smile

Weeeeerk :Smile I need Big Grin

Hi ok2arm,

Você usou o painel solar original que vem com as luzes do jardim ou o fornecido com o kit solar / UV ? They are quite different!

Just an advice: From my experiences I noticed the resin used to cover the solar cells doesn't resist for more that 1 to 2 years when exposed directly to weather elements (specially hail). After some time it starts to loose transparency. Try to cover all the top with a tiny glass (there is no need to be any special type of glass), this way the resin on mini solar cell will keep its transparency for many years. Your assemble is so good that it deserves this extra care.

(25-09-2018, 21:58)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi ok2arm,

Você usou o painel solar original que vem com as luzes do jardim ou o fornecido com o kit solar / UV ? They are quite different!

Just an advice: From my experiences I noticed the resin used to cover the solar cells doesn't resist for more that 1 to 2 years when exposed directly to weather elements (specially hail). After some time it starts to loose transparency. Try to cover all the top with a tiny glass (there is no need to be any special type of glass), this way the resin on mini solar cell will keep its transparency for many years. Your assemble is so good that it deserves this extra care.

Hi Werk,
yes, on this pic is not final verison of cell... ! I solve bproblem after mount your cell... I have two, one is ok and one is broken... About the top cover of cell - I know.. The station is not now installed outside...

(25-09-2018, 18:03)ok2arm Wrote:  Problem solved!
Broken UV cell... Normally working, but with HI light flow = HI current something disconnect inside...
With other one working well Smile

Weeeeerk :Smile I need Big Grin

Congratulations!

Best Regards
Zdenek

(25-09-2018, 22:22)ok2arm Wrote:  
(25-09-2018, 21:58)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi ok2arm,

Hi Werk,
yes, on this pic is not final verison of cell... ! I solve bproblem after mount your cell... I have two, one is ok and one is broken... About the top cover of cell - I know.. The station is not now installed outside...

This problem I know very well ...

[Image: DSC_5501-upr-sm.jpg] [Image: DSC_8459-upr-sm.jpg]

This is, I think, after about a year and a half ...

Best Regards
Zdenek