Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TX board

A quick question,
I must have missed something somewhere, why does the TX board have a reciever device slot?
I assuime this is an option sor something and in a normal installation isn’t used?
Bob

Hi Bob and welcome!

The tx board does transmit only. What & where, on the schematic or photo of a board, is the "receiver device slot" you mention??

Allan.

(16-02-2016, 16:55)AllanG Wrote:  Hi Bob and welcome!

The tx board does transmit only. What & where, on the schematic or photo of a board, is the "receiver device slot" you mention??

Allan.

Hi Sorry It was a late night, the RX board has a TX slot!!!
What is the purpose of that??

Bob

(16-02-2016, 19:33)G8NSV Wrote:  Hi Sorry It was a late night, the RX board has a TX slot!!!

Bob

Hi Bob, welcome

The receiver units (RX) have a feature which allows broadcasting the data to an unlimited number of Wireless Display Units. The use of this feature is optional and can be disabled in the software, but using at least one Wireless Display unit is highly recommended. Some data can only be seen on these Wireless Display units.

(16-02-2016, 20:46)Werk_AG Wrote:  
(16-02-2016, 19:33)G8NSV Wrote:  Hi Sorry It was a late night, the RX board has a TX slot!!!

Bob

Hi Bob, welcome

The receiver units (RX) have a feature which allows broadcasting the data to an unlimited number of Wireless Display Units. The use of this feature is optional and can be disabled in the software, but using at least one Wireless Display unit is highly recommended. Some data can only be seen on these Wireless Display units.
Thank you!
Getting more of an understanding now. Will definitely build a system and order some boards.
Great shame that DS18B20 sensors are not supported. Would be ideal for soil temp sensors. I may have a play with that tho Smile Smile
Regardless will have a better system than my old fine offset system. Will prob run with Cumulus, maybe MX on a PI.