Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TX Options
Sad 

The introduction to Weatherduino Pro states that there can be up to 3 TX units, the schematic sketches only indicate 1 TX, and the current TX software configuration accepts 2 TX.
So am I correct in thinking the current v1.4 b003 TX configuration is for up to 2 TX units, but intended for a future software release to cater for up to 3 TX units?

TX units ID's are from 0 to 2, so it allows a total of 3 TX units.
There is only one limitation: TX unit with ID 2, can't be used with a rain gauge.

Despite that in the most cases, just one TX unit is enough, using more than one TX unit, may allow a better placement of the sensors, per example, one TX unit for the wind instruments that should be placed high, and another TX unit for the instruments that should be placed near the ground level (temp / humidity and rain gauge)

Werk_AG, thank you for your reply.
I have looked again at the code and there is only option to ID0 TX 1 or IDO1 TX 2.
Are the comments incorrect in the code, here it is:
#define UnitID 0 // If you use only one TX unit define it as UnitID = 0
// For a second TX unit, define it as UnitID = 1
No option for a third TX.

Yes, you're right about the comments, they are not wrong, just do not say it all... but believe me, if you use UnitID = 2 it will work, just do not connect a rain gauge to TX unit 2.

(24-07-2015, 18:03)Werk_AG Wrote:  Yes, you're right about the comments, they are not wrong, just do not say it all... but believe me, if you use UnitID = 2 it will work, just do not connect a rain gauge to TX unit 2.

Would be idea to correct/complete the comments with that information.
Thank you Werk_AG