Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Suggestions for the WeatherDuino

(14-05-2021, 22:32)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi,

Despite the PT100 be considered a high precision temperature sensor, isn't a kind of sensor commonly used on weather stations, being more used on industrial and laboratory environments.
Currently there is no plans to add support for the PT100.

May I ask what for you want to use a PT100?
There are many Arduino breakout boards (using the MAX31865) for the PT100, or PT1000, with 2, 3 or 4 wires.

Rgs.

Hello,

The PT100 is rare in the amateur weather world, but very common in the "pro" or "semi-pro" world.
It can be found in almost all manufacturers (Lambrecht, Barani, Vaisala, Young, Delta Ohms, ....).
It is the basis of the METEO FRANCE network, the Belgian meteorological institute IRM also.
There is a good chance that IPMA (or other countries) have PT100s as well (they use Young if I'm not mistaken?).

It is very likely that I will have a BaraniShield shelter, to remain consistent I would need a very reactive sensor like a PT100A.
Of course, the qualitative choice of a PT100 among the hundreds of PT100 is essential.
Not being good at programming...   Sleepy
I know: I'm a crazy dreamer.... Wink
Have a nice weekend

Smile

All weather equipment or weather stations from the brands you refer (Lambrecht, Barani, Vaisala, Young, Delta Ohms) are in another scale of prices, generally not accessible to small or medium size companies, even less (I think ) for personal use.

In any case, under request I can develop a special TX unit which can deal with up to two PT100 sensors (2, 3 or 4 wires) and send their data to an WeatherDuino receiver, of course the price will be on another range too. Big Grin

(15-05-2021, 20:41)Werk_AG Wrote:  Smile

All weather equipment or weather stations from the brands you refer (Lambrecht, Barani, Vaisala, Young, Delta Ohms) are in another scale of prices, generally not accessible to small or medium size companies, even less (I think ) for personal use.

In any case, under request I can develop a special TX unit which can deal with up to two PT100 sensors (2, 3 or 4 wires) and send their data to an WeatherDuino receiver, of course the price will be on another range too. Big Grin

To study.... are you an expensive or cheap man? Tongue