Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

disabling unused screens?

To keep the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) > 83.7% I need to get rid of unused screens when scrolling because I don't have soil / UV / air quality sensors. So 3 obsolete screens.

Now she needs to scroll through screens which have no meaning for her (and me).

I "solved" it for now this way in WeatherDuino_4PESP8266_WD_v5.1_b001  TAB  D_TFT lines 938-943

Code:
  if (tx > 210 && ty > 170)      display_BigClock();
  else if (tx < 190 && ty > 170) display_Menu();  
  else if (tx > 170 && ty < 150) plotPage(5);
  else if (tx < 170 && ty < 150) plotPage(0);
//  else if (tx > 170 && ty < 150) display_NextWindow();
//  else if (tx < 170 && ty < 150) display_PreviousWindow();

but an option in the config will be very helpful!
Thanks...

Hi,

I think you don't need those changes on the code to achieve the same behaviour. You can change the order of the data screens on the Config_Options.

If you do this:

Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   Define data screens order
//   Use numbers from 1 to 5 to define a personalized order for the data screens
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define AIRQUALITY_DATA    2
#define TXINFO_DATA        3
#define EXTRASENSORS_DATA  4
#define SOILLEAF_DATA      5
#define FORECAST_DATA      1

you will get the same result: One touch on the right side of the screen goes to the 4 Days forecast screen, another touch on the left side of the screen and you will go back to the main weather screen.
Doing it this way, also have the advantage of not disabling the TXinfo data screen which is usefull to see from time to time.

Hope this can keep the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) high enough Smile
Thanks.

Rgs

(01-09-2019, 20:04)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi,

I think you don't need those changes on the code to achieve the same behaviour. You can change the order of the data screens on the Config_Options.

If you do this:
Code:
// Define data screens order
// Use numbers from 1 to 5 to define a personalized order for the data screens
#define AIRQUALITY_DATA 2
#define TXINFO_DATA 3
#define EXTRASENSORS_DATA 4
#define SOILLEAF_DATA 5
#define FORECAST_DATA 1

you will get the same result: One touch on the right side of the screen goes to the 4 Days forecast screen, another touch on the left side of the screen and you will go back to the main weather screen.
Doing it this way, also have the advantage of not disabling the TXinfo data screen which is usefull to see from time to time.

Hope this can keep the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) high enough Smile
Thanks.

Rgs

Thank you for your reply!  Your suggestion is an option I tried first...

But the WAF is a delicate balance between sleeping indoors or in our chicken coop if it gets below the mentioned figure so to be sure I will keep the change I made... Shy
The Tx screen is still available via the menu for me to look at when needed so all is good now.

Keep up your excellent work, many thanks!