Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pro2 Rx 0.13-b014 Compile Issues.

Today, I finally received my Nanos while still waiting for some sensors and display) and was keen to load the software. Downloaded the zip file WeatherDuino_Pro2_WD_v013_20150214.zip unzipped it in my Arduino folder and also unzipped the libraries into the library folder. Tried the Tx program first and it compiles with no problems and was able to load it into the nano. The Rx program won't compile and I get a string of errors all to do with the AC_GFX and AC_ST7735 libraries.

I have not made any changes to the RX code and it is as downloaded and unzipped. I am using the latest IDE 1.6.1 and am at a loss. I might download an earlier IDE version 1.5.x and see if the problem remains.

Below is a dump of the compile errors. Am I missing something?

Dave

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Arduino: 1.6.1 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328"

AC_ST7735\AC_GFX.cpp.o: In function `AC_GFX::drawLine(int, int, int, int, unsigned int)':

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::drawLine(int, int, int, int, unsigned int)'

AC_GFX\AC_GFX.cpp.o:C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_GFX/AC_GFX.cpp:132: first defined here

AC_ST7735\AC_GFX.cpp.o: In function `AC_GFX::drawLine(int, int, int, int, unsigned int)':

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::drawRect(int, int, int, int, unsigned int)'

AC_GFX\AC_GFX.cpp.o:C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_GFX/AC_GFX.cpp:132: first defined here

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::drawFastVLine(int, int, int, unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::drawFastHLine(int, int, int, unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::fillRect(int, int, int, int, unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::fillScreen(unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::invertDisplay(bool)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::AC_GFX(int, int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::AC_GFX(int, int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::drawCircle(int, int, int, unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::drawCircleHelper(int, int, int, unsigned char, unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::fillCircleHelper(int, int, int, unsigned char, int, unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::fillCircle(int, int, int, unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::drawRoundRect(int, int, int, int, int, unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::fillRoundRect(int, int, int, int, int, unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::drawTriangle(int, int, int, int, int, int, unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::fillTriangle(int, int, int, int, int, int, unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::drawBitmap(int, int, unsigned char const*, int, int, unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::drawChar(int, int, unsigned char, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::write(unsigned char)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX:ConfusedetCursor(int, int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX:ConfusedetTextSize(unsigned char)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX:ConfusedetTextColor(unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX:ConfusedetTextColor(unsigned int, unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX:ConfusedetTextWrap(bool)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::getRotation()'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX:ConfusedetRotation(unsigned char)'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::width()'

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AC_ST7735/AC_GFX.cpp:133: multiple definition of `AC_GFX::height()'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

Maybe try to manually add those libraries by going Sketch/Import Library/ Add library then browse to the Weatherduino folder that you downloaded and add the folder AC_GFX then do the same for the AC_ST7735 folder.

Don't forget to restart the IDE after importing the libraries.

I was scratching my head. The libraries were there but kept getting errors not finding the header files. After restarting the IDE all worked

Darryl.SmileSmile

The plot thickens. Tried importing libraries as suggested to no avail. Have restarted IDE many times since installing libraries so that is not the problem.

Have just installed IDE 1.6.1 on a Vista laptop I have. Copied the WeatherDuino zip files onto a memory stick and unzipped them into the relevant Arduino folders a voila the Rx sketch now compiles and loads to the Nano albeit with a warning about low memory. The Tx sketch is good as well.

Must be some problem in my libraries folder on my main Windows 7 desktop computer causing this. Will start again and report back. Thanks for you comments/suggestions so far.Huh

Dave

The best place to put the supplied WeatherDuino Pro2 libraries, and avoid messing with the original Arduino libraries is:

C:\Users\Your_Name\Documents\Arduino\libraries (If not exist, create it)
then goto IDE preferences and in Sketckbook location, put C:\Users\Your_Name\Documents\Arduino

restart IDE, and that's all

Just an update. all is now well with my Win 7 desktop.Big Grin

I deleted IDE 1.6.1. Removed all the libraries of the same name as required for this project. Installed 1.6.1 again and unzipped the libraries into their correct folder and it now compiles with no problems.

The only thing I can think of is that as I have been playing with Arduinos for years now and have many many libraries installed and that my libraries folder may have contained old/modified/out of date libraries to those required for this project.

Thanks for the support so far. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions once I have all the hardware sorted.

Dave