This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pro 2 Plus issue
Good morning,
I installed the new software on my WD yesterday and I must say the new forecast app replacing DarkSky is a vast improvement. I also note a flashing green dot on the top left and assume that it to do
with a network monitor? 
The only issue is that when I open the screen from the big clock screen saver I can still see the top section of the large digits and the small signal bars at the top of the display are duplicated (photo attached)
While I was at the computer I took the opportunity to alter the “extra sensors” section and update the Rx software
This has caused a couple of issues not present before 
The date now shows as 97 05 2020, the colon does not blink, and the touch screen no longer reacts to touch so the sub screens are not available. The green NTP server dot and the version dot are lit and after about 15 minutes the WD displays the red “not receiving data” message and the data screen has no info besides the inside temperature
. I suspect the Rx is not logging on to WiFi as I cannot see it on my router, despite the green dot being lit.

I have re-downloaded the software from your site and used a fresh copy with the same results
I am at a loss as what to do next
Regards
Jim
Hi Jim,

Since you are reporting issues on both Wireless Display and the Pro2 Compact receiver, can you please check if you are using ESP8266 boards manager 2.6.3 (latest version) ?
Previous software versions only worked with v2.4.2, but latest version require v2.6.3
Let me know if this solved.

Rgs
Week,
My receiver is Pro2 plus not the compact. I will re program my WD with 2.6.3 board manager an advise
Jim
Hi Jim,

There are several posts on the forum, about the date / time issue with the Pro2 Plus receiver.
The Pro2 PLUS is based on an AVR board (the ATmega 2560) and it should be programmed using AVR board manager 1.6.21 as stated on the download page.

Tested with Arduino IDE 1.8.10 using AVR Boards Manager 1.6.21.
It not work reliably with AVR Boards Manager 1.6.22 and 1.6.23

Latest AVR board manager is 1.8.2, however I haven't tested it yet. Most probably, is not works too. For WeatherDuino systems based on AVR boards, stay with AVR board manager v1.6.21.

Thanks
Rgs
(07-05-2020, 03:00)Werk_AG Wrote:
Code:
IC:\\Users\\barro\\OneDrive\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\JPEGDecoder-master\\src" "-IC:\\Users\\barro\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\esp8266\\hardware\\esp8266\\2.7.1\\libraries\\SD\\src" "-IC:\\Users\\barro\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\esp8266\\hardware\\esp8266\\2.7.1\\libraries\\SDFS\\src" "-IC:\\Users\\barro\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\esp8266\\hardware\\esp8266\\2.7.1\\libraries\\ESP8266SdFat\\src" "-IC:\\Users\\barro\\OneDrive\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\ArduinoJson-6.x\\src" "C:\\Users\\barro\\OneDrive\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\TFT_eSPI-1.4.8\\TFT_eSPI.cpp" -o "C:\\Users\\barro\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_592543\\libraries\\TFT_eSPI-1.4.8\\TFT_eSPI.cpp.o"
In file included from C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1\cores\esp8266/pgmspace.h:7:0,                 from C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_eSPI-1.4.8/Fonts/glcdfont.c:6,                 from C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_eSPI-1.4.8\TFT_eSPI.h:62,                 from C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_eSPI-1.4.8\TFT_eSPI.cpp:17:C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_eSPI-1.4.8\TFT_eSPI.cpp: In member function 'virtual int16_t TFT_eSPI::drawChar(uint16_t, int32_t, int32_t, uint8_t)':C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_eSPI-1.4.8\TFT_eSPI.cpp:4262:84: error: invalid conversion from 'uint32_t {aka unsigned int}' to 'const void*' [-fpermissive]       flash_address = pgm_read_dword( pgm_read_dword( &(fontdata[font].chartbl ) ) + uniCode*sizeof(void *) );                                                                                    ^C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1/tools/sdk/libc/xtensa-lx106-elf/include/sys/pgmspace.h:121:57: note: in definition of macro 'pgm_read_dword'     #define pgm_read_dword(a)  pgm_read_dword_unaligned(a)                                                         ^C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1/tools/sdk/libc/xtensa-lx106-elf/include/sys/pgmspace.h:103:24: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'uint32_t pgm_read_dword_unaligned(const void*)' [-fpermissive] static inline uint32_t pgm_read_dword_unaligned(const void *addr) {                        ^C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_eSPI-1.4.8\Extensions/Sprite.cpp: In member function 'virtual int16_t TFT_eSprite::drawChar(uint16_t, int32_t, int32_t, uint8_t)':C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_eSPI-1.4.8\Extensions/Sprite.cpp:1682:84: error: invalid conversion from 'uint32_t {aka unsigned int}' to 'const void*' [-fpermissive]       flash_address = pgm_read_dword( pgm_read_dword( &(fontdata[font].chartbl ) ) + uniCode*sizeof(void *) );                                                                                    ^C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1/tools/sdk/libc/xtensa-lx106-elf/include/sys/pgmspace.h:121:57: note: in definition of macro 'pgm_read_dword'     #define pgm_read_dword(a)  pgm_read_dword_unaligned(a)                                                         ^C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1/tools/sdk/libc/xtensa-lx106-elf/include/sys/pgmspace.h:103:24: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'uint32_t pgm_read_dword_unaligned(const void*)' [-fpermissive] static inline uint32_t pgm_read_dword_unaligned(const void *addr) {                        ^Using library Timezone at version 1.2.2 in folder: C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Timezone
Using library Time at version 1.5 in folder: C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time
Using library ESP8266WiFi at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1\libraries\ESP8266WiFi
Using library ESP8266mDNS at version 1.2 in folder: C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1\libraries\ESP8266mDNS
Using library ESP8266WebServer at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1\libraries\ESP8266WebServer
Using library ESP8266HTTPClient at version 1.2 in folder: C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1\libraries\ESP8266HTTPClient
Using library ArduinoOTA at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1\libraries\ArduinoOTA
Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1\libraries\SPI
Using library RadioHead in folder: C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RadioHead (legacy)
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1\libraries\Wire
Using library Adafruit_HTU21DF at version 1.0.1 in folder: C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_HTU21DF
Using library SHT21 in folder: C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SHT21 (legacy)
Using library Adafruit_SHT31 at version 1.0.0 in folder: C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_SHT31
Using library BME280-2.3.0 at version 2.3.0 in folder: C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\BME280-2.3.0
Using library TFT_eSPI-1.4.8 at version 1.4.8 in folder: C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_eSPI-1.4.8
Using library TFT_eFEX-master at version 0.0.5 in folder: C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_eFEX-master
Using library JPEGDecoder-master at version 1.8.0 in folder: C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\JPEGDecoder-master
Using library SD at version 2.0.0 in folder: C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1\libraries\SD
Using library SDFS at version 0.1.0 in folder: C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1\libraries\SDFS
Using library ESP8266SdFat at version 1.1.0 in folder: C:\Users\barro\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1\libraries\ESP8266SdFat
Using library ArduinoJson-6.x at version 6.15.1 in folder: C:\Users\barro\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoJson-6.x
exit status 1
Error compiling for board LOLIN(WEMOS) D1 R2 & mini.
Hi Jim,

Since you are reporting issues on both Wireless Display and the Pro2 Compact receiver, can you please check if you are using ESP8266 boards manager 2.6.3 (latest version) ?
Previous software versions only worked with v2.4.2, but latest version require v2.6.3
Let me know if this solved.

Rgs

Werk,
The Pro2Plus is now OK, sorry, I forgot about the AVR Board Version issue, but still cannot get the WD resolved
What am i missing?? partial error code above
Regards
Hi Jim,

I only see that some of the used libraries may be old.
Please download the Wireless Display software again, and replace all the libraries by the ones supplied on the software package.
Let me know the result.
Thanks

Rgs.
(09-05-2020, 01:43)Werk_AG Wrote: Hi Jim,

I only see that some of the used libraries may be old.
Please download the Wireless Display software again, and replace all the libraries by the ones supplied on the software package.
Let me know the result.
Thanks

Rgs.
Werk,
Once again to the rescue, all good now, many thanks again for a fabulous system design and endless support.
Kind regards to you and your family, hopefully this virus will ease soon and we can get back to some normality in our lives
Jim
Werk,
On my Pro2 plus the software version indicator is yellow rather than green as normal and on the system info screen there is no “latest version” listed. Also the Weather Underground  dot is always red, even though it states that is uploading?
Any ideas?
Regards
Jim
Hello Jim,

This seems a problem related to internet connection. Is WiFi connection working ?
You can enable some of the debug options on the software and check on the serial monitor what is going on, doing it may also give some hints to better help you.

I can confirm that latest Pro2 PLUS software is working fine.
Rgs.
(15-05-2020, 06:08)Werk_AG Wrote: Hello Jim,

This seems a problem related to internet connection. Is WiFi connection working ?
You can enable some of the debug options on the software and check on the serial monitor what is going on, doing it may also give some hints to better help you.

I can confirm that latest Pro2 PLUS software is working fine.
Rgs.

Werk,
I have found the issue.
My modem (just recently upgraded by Telstra, my internet provider) has an issue with WiFi dropping out partially intermittently, so I’ve reverted to my old modem and fixed a couple of the issues.
The weather underground status light is still red despite the fact that it is uploading.
Not a major issue, I can live with it but wondering what has caused it?
Regards
Jim