Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Power for RX board when using CumulusMX

Hi,
If using CumulusMX, it's connected to RX board via USB cable. Are there any problems if RX board is also fed with 12V? There is a jumpper to select USB or 12V power, but if they both are in use? I am building a small box with Raspberry Pi and WeatherDuino RX to be used as a relay also. Only outside wire connection is ethernet cable with PoE. Rpi should keep intranet updated.
Another question is how to start (not manually) CumulusMX after WeatherDuino is ready?
Mikko

(17-07-2015, 18:59)Mikko Wrote:  Hi,
If using CumulusMX, it's connected to RX board via USB cable. Are there any problems if RX board is also fed with 12V? There is a jumpper to select USB or 12V power, but if they both are in use? I am building a small box with Raspberry Pi and WeatherDuino RX to be used as a relay also. Only outside wire connection is ethernet cable with PoE. Rpi should keep intranet updated.

If there is a voltage at Vin pin, and this voltage is greather than the voltage suplied by the USB, the Arduino Nano always select the Vin voltage as source for power. So, when you feed the RX board with a 12V power supply, the Nano is powered from the 7809 voltage regulator.

When the hardware logger function is used, RX boards should be powered by an external 12V power supply.

(17-07-2015, 18:59)Mikko Wrote:  Another question is how to start (not manually) CumulusMX after WeatherDuino is ready?

If you find a way, tell me! Smile
Currently I'm using CumulusMX (on a Raspberry PI) only with my test systems, and I start it manually. But you are right, we should find a way to start it automatically 3 minutes after power up.
My knowledge of Linux is very basic, I don't know how, but certainly there is a way to do it.