This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Online Stations Map
Well done with the map showing real time stations reporting to be online! (For the Pro2+ range)
Thanks. I'm glad you like it, I like it too.

Published on the last day of 2018, it's the first novelty for 2019.
Unfortunately some of the weather stations still do not show a customized name. This customized name its a setting defined by the user on the RX software. I relive that from now on, users will give a little more attention to this setting, and not leave just the default name pre-defined on the software.

There is also an interesting case where the location is shown in the middle of the ocean. Unless the station is installed in a boat stationed in the midlle of the sea, this reveals a wrong definition of the weather station location on the software, which by turn may cause errors... some weather softwares read and use this data.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

(01-01-2019, 04:35)Werk_AG Wrote: Thanks. I'm glad you like it, I like it too.

Published on the last day of 2018, it's the first novelty for 2019.

Thank-you for it, yes I do like it.

Blush Red face for me, because through this I discovered that for the first time, I had accidentally neglected to change the station name this time when I flashed to the official version 8. Which is running beautifully on my set.

The new feature might prompt everyone to check their longitude & latitude settings for accuracy now Wink

I am pleased to be able to report to you, that the server immediately updates the name in the map as soon as reprogramming the receiver and logging back onto the internet completes. Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
I like it too  Heart .
Is it possible to add a link to the corresponding web page, if given? I would find it interesting to see some data of other Stations.

Regards,
engolling
I also would like to reach that point. One step at a time Wink

However keep in mind that a station marked on the map as online means only that it contacts the WeatherDuino server every day. The user may not have a weather website, or even not being sending his data to any online weather site, like Wunderground.

(02-01-2019, 03:03)Werk_AG Wrote: I also would like to reach that point. One step at a time  Wink

However keep in mind that a station marked on the map as online means only that it contacts the WeatherDuino server every day. The user may not have a weather website, or even not being sending his data to any online weather site, like Wunderground.

That's true and also not everybody maybe wants his webpage to be linked there. But for those who want and the others who are interested in such stuff it is probably very interesting .

I'm curious about the next steps.

Best wishes,
engolling
(01-01-2019, 23:57)engolling Wrote: I like it too  Heart .
Is it possible to add a link to the corresponding web page, if given? I would find it interesting to see some data of other Stations.

Regards,
engolling

I was about to ask for the same! Indeed that would be a nice to have feature :Smile

Great work Werk.

Zitoune
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and wishes about the new WeatherDuino Online Weather Stations map.
I agree with the proposal, and I wish to implement it too. That feature was left to a second phase... Implementing it will also requires some changes (easy to do) on the software of all models of receivers.

For now, my hope is that the users will see the map as a tool which can help them to better configure the location settings on the RX software. I'm absolutely sure that, at least 20% to 30% of the WeatherDuino weather stations, that are currently working, aren't shown on the map just because of incorrect location configuration. Its important to remember, that a weather station that isn't listed on the map, also isn't receiving info about the latest available software.

I was on there but have disappeared. Great idea though Smile

Not sure why I've gone, the station is definitely on line
41south.net.nz powered by WeatherDuino and Weewx
(05-01-2019, 03:29)41south Wrote: Not sure why I've gone, the station is definitely on line

Maybe there's a bug?
What's your station name?
const String WeatherStation_Name = "My_Station_Name";