Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

My WeatherDuino Pro2 system

Aha the land of reindeer and Father Christmas!!

Thats correct! Yesterday I build my first Wireless Display unit with 2.4" display and RX 3.02 pcb. This tft seems to have narrow view angle, it's not so sharp when you look it from either side compared to 1.8" tft. Wireless Displays will be a hit with their own pcb!

Another nice assembly!
Using the same type of boxes to all units, gives to the system a coerente look.

Wireless Display units are really a great add on to the WeatherDuino Pro 2 system. Actually I'm using four units and I'm delighted with them.
I think it's time to reveal this system, I haven't done it yet because I'm quite busy with work affairs. Hope I can do it very soon!

EDITED: It's out! WeatherDuino Pro2 Wireless Display - What is it?

Here is the latest box with WD v2.00 pcb and 2.4" tft. The box itself is 115*90*55mm with "clear cover", less than 3€ each from ebay.

I had to rotate tft (also in software) in order to make both plates to fit there nicely. The bottom plate is 1.5 mm ABS styrene plastic sheet, very easy to cut and drill. You can get 20x25cm sheet around 5€ from ebay. My first setup with the new WD pcb was tft and WD pcb aligned into same direction. I made WD pcb size "middle board" on top of WD and mounted tft to it. It was not so good and therefore I finally made this rotated version. To reprogram Nano, you need to remove tft and then lift Nano board out, it's not soldered to WD pcb. I also tried 2.2" tft, but it had the same view angle.

Very nice job Mikko!

I'm sure that it's the first published image of an WeatherDuino Pro2 Wireless Display unit, fully assembled.
Congratulations!

My units haven't a box yet Blush

(26-01-2015, 00:22)Werk_AG Wrote:  I'm sure that it's the first published image of an WeatherDuino Pro2 Wireless Display unit, fully assembled.

Not quite Smile
Mine was, but officially it's a RX unit running WD firmware Wink
Mikko WD looks a lot more pro than my "done on the cheap" with whatever parts I had on hand.

(26-01-2015, 00:28)uncle_bob Wrote:  
(26-01-2015, 00:22)Werk_AG Wrote:  I'm sure that it's the first published image of an WeatherDuino Pro2 Wireless Display unit, fully assembled.

Not quite Smile
Mine was, but officially it's a RX unit running WD firmware Wink
Mikko WD looks a lot more pro than my "done on the cheap" with whatever parts I had on hand.

Dear uncle_bob, your unit, as the one, published by Mikko some posts above, are almost "fake" units. SmileSmileSmile
Both of you know all the tricks about the WeatherDuino Pro2 system, and know how to transform an v3.xx RX unit to be almost like the "new" Wireless Display unit. Maybe I'm doing this system with to much versatility... Angel

The possibility to reuse an RX unit, isn't by chance. It´s possible because the WD software allow it. This way, anyone that makes an upgrade to a RX v4.xx, will not lost the money invested in a V3.xx.
Without addicional hardware, converted units can't drive 2.4" TFT's, but fully work with 1.8" FTF or 20x4 LCD.

I'm really enjoying all this Cool

(26-01-2015, 02:15)Werk_AG Wrote:  I'm really enjoying all this Cool

Me too Smile
(please check your email)

Hi,
There are two pictures from the latest box. From the first one you see how WD and tft boards are installed on base plate. Nano is not soldered to WD board, it's easy to take it out. Plastic stand-off pilars and screws are from china.

Second picture show assembly and wall mounted box, 158x90x65mm.

Still three boxes to build, it's fun!