Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I want to build one

Hi,

I want to build a weatherduino Pro2. Should i order the parts and the board, cases on this website or can i buy it elsewhere? And can i receive some information how i can set it up with my weather station and my pc? I have an Alecto WS 4000.

Thanks for any help.

Joeri.

(27-12-2014, 23:50)poldeleeuw Wrote:  Hi,

I want to build a weatherduino Pro2. Should i order the parts and the board, cases on this website or can i buy it elsewhere? And can i receive some information how i can set it up with my weather station and my pc? I have an Alecto WS 4000.

Thanks for any help.

Joeri.

Welcome aboard Joeri!

Currently, You need to PM Werk_AG to purchase the Printed Circuit Boards off him.
All the rest of the components you need to source yourself. I got mine of Fleabay and from the local electronics store for the common stuff (resistors, capacitors switches etc).

As for your weather station, it appears to be a Fine Offset and will work with the WD Pro2 system. You only connect the Wind and rain sensors, all the rest would be redundant.

Shout out if you have any more questions.

Cheers UB

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Can i find a list with all the parts that i need to build this system? Can i also install a solar/UV sensor on it because my weather station doesn't have an UV sensor.

You can find all info about WeatherDuino Pro2 hardware here: WeatherDuino Pro2 - Hardware

The solar sensor is the most tricky part to build, anyway all the info about it are published here.
I'm working in something like a kit for the solar sensor, but it likely will not be available before spring 2015.

Hi,
I noticed that the tx board has no humidity sensor. How will i measure the outside humidity if i only connect my wind and rain sensors of my fine offset?

(22-01-2015, 22:13)poldeleeuw Wrote:  Hi,
I noticed that the tx board has no humidity sensor. How will i measure the outside humidity if i only connect my wind and rain sensors of my fine offset?

For outside temperature / humidity readings, a lot of sensors from reputable brands, can be connected to the TX board.

Sensirion SHT1x - SHT10, SHT11, SHT15
Sensirion STH2x family
HTU21D
or the cheap DHT22 (not very recommendable for outside use)

If you carefully look at the TX board you will see the connectors for those sensors.
TX board is also capable to control the Radiation Shield fan.