Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to config. 4PRO LORA Transmit. with Rec. PI3 LORA Weewx

Hello,

Because of (little) problems with my old Fine-Offset transmitter station i am planning to
build the 4PRO LORA weather transmitter.

I am wondering if i can use the combination;
Transmitter 4PRO LORA
Receiver Raspberry Pi3 LORA with Weewx.

Because of local distance wifi is not reliable, so i need LORA for this.
Until now i did not find any information for this combination.

My questions;
     1) How to configure the raspberry pi3 (LORA Weewx) for receiving data from Weatherduino 4PRO LORA ?
     2) Is it possible to use LoRa setSynchword?   (to prevent (isolate) different data networks)

I am looking forward for any information.
Kind regards,
Wim

(27-11-2021, 21:53)Wim-T Wrote:  Hello,

Because of (little) problems with my old Fine-Offset transmitter station i am planning to

Transmitter 4PRO LORA

My questions;
     1) How to configure the raspberry pi3 (LORA Weewx) for receiving data from Weatherduino 4PRO LORA ?
     2) Is it possible to use LoRa setSynchword?   (to prevent (isolate) different data networks)

Kind regards,
Wim

Hello Wim,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your interest in the WeatherDuino project.
The 4Pro Transmitter is designed to be used together with the 4Pro Dual Band Receiver. LORA is only the method used for the RF link between both units.

Thank you.

Kind regards
Werk_AG

(28-11-2021, 01:02)Werk_AG Wrote:  
(27-11-2021, 21:53)Wim-T Wrote:  Hello,

Transmitter 4PRO LORA

My questions;

Kind regards,
Wim

Hello Wim,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your interest in the WeatherDuino project.
The 4Pro Transmitter is designed to be used together with the 4Pro Dual Band Receiver. LORA is only the method used for the RF link between both units.

Thank you.

Kind regards
Werk_AG

Hello Werk_AG,

Thanks for your response.
I found a couple days ago the thread https://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Threa...ight=weewx.
Reading this thread again i understand that the **Receiver** Weatherduino Pro2 is communicating with (Pi3 weewx) ?
So i also understand that the **Receiver** Weatherduino 4PRO can communicate with (Pi3 weewx) ?
Can you confirm?

Looking forward for your answer,
Regards Wim

Hello Wim,

The WeatherDuino 4Pro DB receiver emulates the communication protocol of a Davis Vantage Pro2, so it virtually can communicate with any software which supports a Davis Vantage Pro2 weather station no matter it runs on s PC or Rpi.

On the case of Weewx, due to its inability to detect a possible wrong / invalid timestamp on a record from the data logger (which cause issues even on genuine Davis weather stations, as reported on many places) it may be needed run the software with the record_generation set to software. The TCP/IP connection also doesn't work reliably with Weewx
Under CumulusMX, everything works perfectly, no matter it runs on a PC or Rpi.

Rgs

PS:
Regarding using Weewx with a Davis (or emulated) weather station it may worth read this: Troubleshooting the Davis Vantage station - weewx/weewx Wiki

Here is picture of the WeeWx webpage, running on a very old RPI 1 (2014), using a 4Pro DB receiver connect by USB.

(02-12-2021, 02:40)Werk_AG Wrote:  Here is picture of the WeeWx webpage, running on a very old RPI 1 (2014), using a 4Pro DB receiver connect by USB.

Hello Werk_AG,
Sorry for my delayed response,  but thanks for your explanation all your information helped me to give it a try.
Asap i send you a email for a quote.

Kind regards,
Wim

(09-12-2021, 12:52)Wim-T Wrote:  ...
Asap i send you a email for a quote.

Received and answered. Thank you.

Rgs.
Werk_AG