Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Grunge - getting started

(16-05-2016, 11:04)Wizza Wrote:  Hi Graham,

Is your weather website still online @ http://www.gjfoote.com

Couldn't seem to get it to come up up..???

Mark R

Hi Mark,

Apologies for not responding sooner. Just finished up on a major project with my employer, so I have been able to get a little time to myself.
Yes the website is now at http://weather.gjfoote.com just making the URL a little more readable.
Finally got to install my TX unit outside only yesterday and hooked up to the wind and rain sensors (need to reset rain counter). I will move the temp/humidity sensor into a temp place in the next few days, until I have built the Stevenson screen (may be in the next 2 months).

Graham

Update.
Well it has been a slow battle due to trying to find enough time, but I have now got outside data coming in.
Last night we had heavy rains, alas only to find that it hadn't measured any. On closer inspection I had to totally remove the home of a thoughtful spider who thought that this rain gauge belonged to them.
Next up, I couldn't understand why my wind vane was not providing the correct direction since I certainly had enough wind. Again, RTFM, I had not put in JP2 on the board, which for my wind vane I needed.
Installed the 10W solar panel, well almost installed (it lays on the house roof) and now I see a charge going into the TX.
About to finish off my version of a Stephenson screen and then shift the HTU21D into it.

Graham

Hi Graham,

Good to hear that your finding some time again and getting back to you weather station. Look forward to hearing your stories... lets know if anything we can do to help out or if any probs... Cheers for now..

Mark R

(03-08-2016, 06:24)grunge Wrote:  RTFM

There's a manual? Big Grin

(04-08-2016, 12:13)uncle_bob Wrote:  
(03-08-2016, 06:24)grunge Wrote:  RTFM

There's a manual? Big Grin

Hi Uncle_bob, you made me chuckle. I must admit, it took all of the articles in Silicon Chip and searching this forum to find my manual (well in my head that is).

I have to admit, I have been able to hone my soldering skills, learn a new coding system, enhance my fault finding to finally achieve a desired system, just retrieving it from my brain is the slow part.

I promise I will take some more pictures, TX unit is housed but the WD is sitting naked near the TV.

BTW, I did modify the WD to use a luminescence sensor to shut the display off when the lights are off. That way when we have the lounge lights off watching a movie, we are not having to contend with a display :-).