This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Day 77 of January 2019
I do not usually look at the date and time on my weather station when I glance at it, but yesterday I noticed something a little odd: Today is day 77 of January 2019 for my WeatherDuino Pro 2 Plus unit.

At the time the photo was taken (Monday 18 March 2019), the software on it was up-to-date, which I realise this morning in writing this that is now is out of date, but thought I would post photos of this glitch in case the bug still remains in the software somewhere.

The 18th day in March  is 77 days into the calendar year, so it would seem to be counting up the days.

I would have thought that the auto time update would have been correcting this which is enabled in the software I was running (or maybe it was just the NTP Server I was using that it does not like):

Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   Enable / Disable time sync with an NTP server
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define ENABLE_NTP          1                        // 1= Enable Sync time with NTP servers, 0= Disable

//   NTP Servers - Enable only one
#define TIMESERVER "3.nz.pool.ntp.org"
//#define TIMESERVER "time.nist.gov"                 // ntp1.nl.net NTP server
//#define TIMESERVER "80.96.196.58"                  // timp.mcsi.ro
//#define TIMESERVER "193.79.237.14"                 // ntp1.nl.net NTP server

Or maybe it just needs a reboot sometime to fix the issue, which it has not had for some time.

I will update to the latest software when I can and see what happens then.

Kind regards,
PalmyWeather

Hi Palmyweather,

Make sure you compile the Pro2 PLUS software using avr board v.1.6.21, newer versions included in recent versions of the IDE, cause this problem.
Resuming, you can use any version of Arduino IDE, including latest ones, but avr board should be reversed to v1.6.21.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

A little more on this:

There are many many topics on the Arduino.cc forum about problems with avr boards 1.6.22 and 1.6.23
This bug is specific to the 5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2 version of avr-gcc used by Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.22 and newer.

Here's the workaround:

Tools > Board > Boards Manager
   Wait for downloads to finish.
   When you move the mouse pointer over "Arduino AVR Boards", you will see a "Select version" dropdown menu appear. Select "1.6.21".
   Click "Install".
   Wait for installation to finish.
   Click "Close".

[Image: ide187.jpg]

It's only an Arduino IDE version-specific thing in that Arduino IDE 1.8.6-1.8.7 ship with the problematic Arduino AVR Boards versions bundled. The same problem will happen even if you use Arduino IDE 1.8.5 with Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.22 or 1.6.23. It's a compiler issue, not an IDE issue.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel