This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Data storage and extra Auriol sensors
Hello Weatherwatchers,
I am thinking of using the Ventus W155 system, but need the facility to log the data for later download to Cumulus, is this possible with the AuriolDuino RX.
Also the W155 now comes with a wireless temp/hum sensor, but is there the facility in the RX unit to collect this extra sensor data, or only data from the addon TX board.
(15-01-2016, 17:39)kayedee Wrote: Hello Weatherwatchers,
I am thinking of using the Ventus W155 system, but need the facility to log the data for later download to Cumulus, is this possible with the AuriolDuino RX.

Hi,
The AuriolDuino receiver (PC Link) doesn't have any logger capability, to keep a record of your weather data you need to have Cumulus always running.

(15-01-2016, 17:39)kayedee Wrote: Also the W155 now comes with a wireless temp/hum sensor, but is there the facility in the RX unit to collect this extra sensor data, or only data from the addon TX board.

It receives data only from your main system.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

Hi Werk_AG,
Thank you for your reply.
Do you have any plans to update the AuriolDuino to facilitate it.
Is it feasible to adapt the existing code.
Would it be an easier route using/adapting the Weatherduino Pro 2 hardware/software?
SmileSmileSmile

Starting by the end...

Quote:Is it feasible to adapt the existing code.
Would it be an easier route using/adapting the Weatherduino Pro 2 hardware/software?

Hard to say, judge by yourself:
* The WeatherDuino Pro2 RX v5.xx hardware can happily run the existing AuriolDuino code without any modification! Obviously without the logger functionality or the Davis emulation.
* Modify the existing software, of course it can be done, but a lot of care should be taken. No very hard, but not easy too.

Quote:Do you have any plans to update the AuriolDuino to facilitate it.

At some point I would like to merge the two systems in the same base hardware (WeatherDuino Pro2 RX), and if possible, with a single code version. But I haven't a schedule for this, and certainly will not be so soon.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel