This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Access web site on Compact RX
When I try to access the web site in the Pro2 Compact RX all I get is:
404: Not found.
I have Enable_Internet and Enable_Webserver both set to 1.

Have I missed something else.
Thank you
Philip
Are you using the external or internal IP? Usless you're port forwarded the Internal IP, then the external IP won't work from within the internal network. I hope that makes sense lol. Anyway just use the internal IP and it should work.
(02-02-2019, 00:54)uncle_bob Wrote: Are you using the external or internal IP? Usless you're port forwarded the Internal IP, then the external IP won't work from within the internal network. I hope that makes sense lol. Anyway just use the internal IP and it should work.

Hi,
The address on the internal network is 192.168.1.24.
I have entered that address on any computer also on the internal network all I get is the 404 message.
It doesn't make sense to me. Any ideas please.
Ta.
The PC is on this 192.168.1 network too?
(02-02-2019, 03:47)uncle_bob Wrote: The PC is on this 192.168.1 network too?

Yep, same network.
I notice on Line 603 to 605 of the Net.ino file of the RX_v2.1_b001 firmware there is this:-

void handleNotFound(){
    server.send(404, "text/plain", "404: Not found"); // Send HTTP status 404 (Not Found) when there's no handler for the URI in the request
  }

I seem to be getting that far as I see that "404: Not found" message.
No idea what handleNotFound means though. 
Hmmmm !
On the compact RX it's ip address /weather . Smile
41south.net.nz powered by WeatherDuino and Weewx
(02-02-2019, 04:09)41south Wrote: On the compact RX it's ip address /weather . Smile

Oops. Red face ?
Thank you all.
Ta.
Big Grin  I had to ask the same question when I moved from the Pro2 Plus to the Compact Rx, happy to help another user
41south.net.nz powered by WeatherDuino and Weewx
(02-02-2019, 04:30)philipgm Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 04:09)41south Wrote: On the compact RX it's ip address /weather . Smile

Oops. Red face ?
Thank you all.
Ta.

I should had wrote that info on the Wiki, at long time ago, but I forgot. It's there now.
My apologies for the time lost trying to find the internal webpage.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

(03-02-2019, 04:36)Werk_AG Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 04:30)philipgm Wrote:

Oops. Red face ?
Thank you all.
Ta.

I should had wrote that info on the Wiki, at long time ago, but I forgot. It's there now.
My apologies for the time lost trying to find the internal webpage.
No problem at all. Thanks.