This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AT45db011 discontinued
I am purchsing the SMD parts for my Pro2+ WD unit, the AT45db011 1Mbit flash IC has been discontinued, is it possible to fit the AT45db012 2Mbit IC, I'm guessing it will work fine as the 1M part of the memory will still be accesabile in the same way?

Andy
(11-02-2019, 17:33)atbukc Wrote: I am purchsing the SMD parts for my Pro2+ WD unit, the AT45db011 1Mbit flash IC has been discontinued, is it possible to fit the AT45db012 2Mbit IC, I'm guessing it will work fine as the 1M part of the memory will still be accesabile in the same way?

Andy

Hi Andy,
The AT45db011 1 Mbit flash its discontinued since several years, however is the chips used by Davis on their Data logger, and is still available. Search on eBay or AliExpress and you will find it.

I think you are referring to the AT45DB021D 2 Mbit flash, well, I can't guarantee that it will work, but it may work as the AT45DB021D also uses 264 Bytes per Page instead of the usual 256 Bytes per Page. The used library also supports the AT45DB021D.

I think the original Davis software checks for the chip ID, not sure if the others will do it, I believe not.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

(12-02-2019, 00:18)Werk_AG Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 17:33)atbukc Wrote: I am purchsing the SMD parts for my Pro2+ WD unit, the AT45db011 1Mbit flash IC has been discontinued, is it possible to fit the AT45db012 2Mbit IC, I'm guessing it will work fine as the 1M part of the memory will still be accesabile in the same way?

Andy

Hi Andy,
The AT45db011 1 Mbit flash its discontinued since several years, however is the chips used by Davis on their Data logger, and is still available. Search on eBay or AliExpress and you will find it.

I think you are referring to the AT45DB021D 2 Mbit flash, well, I can't guarantee that it will work, but it may work as the AT45DB021D also uses 264 Bytes per Page instead of the usual 256 Bytes per Page. The used library also supports the AT45DB021D.

I think the original Davis software checks for the chip ID, not sure if the others will do it, I believe not.

Ok thank you I will order the AT45DB021D and see how it goes, I have found the 1M bit part on ebay but didn't want to wait 3 weeks for delivery!
I'll post back once I have it working (or not!)