This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AQM - outdoor
Case for Air Quality monitor.
[Image: c65d2a7a9bb5.jpg]
[Image: af9977fd47f2.jpg]
[Image: e809233450c1.jpg]
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3356593
Thumbs Up 
(15-11-2018, 14:52)jarekh3 Wrote: Any suggestions?

Big Grin

Heart Smile
Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
Another good surprise! Smile
Your ability to design 3D parts is really impressive. Congratulations.

Thanks.

PS: I think that I will end-up buying a 3D print just to print these things. Who knows then I will convince myself to find some time (most likely not) to try to learn how to design in 3D basic things.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

Hi Jarekh,

this looks great. 
One question: Do you have/use UV stabilized filaments. Otherwise it might break very soon, since outdoor environment is hard for plastics  Undecided .
A lot of my stuff got destroyed outside by sun, wind and frost.

This is why I'm such a fan of metal housings  Big Grin .

Best regards,
engolling
(17-11-2018, 11:02)engolling Wrote: Hi Jarekh,

this looks great. 
One question: Do you have/use UV stabilized filaments. Otherwise it might break very soon, since outdoor environment is hard for plastics  Undecided .
A lot of my stuff got destroyed outside by sun, wind and frost.

This is why I'm such a fan of metal housings  Big Grin .

Best regards,
engolling

Painting is required.

Or printing with ASA.
ASA looks great and suitable.

I think I have to buy a 3D printer in the end ;-)

engolling
Last night I was looking to the Creality 3D Pro.
210€ at AliExpress including shipping. Sent from Germany (no customs taxes).

I just haven't bought it, because I don't know how to work with it, and hardly I will have the time to learn...specially 3D design.

I purchased a Creality Ender 3 printer a week or so ago. It arrived 3 days ago. I have now printed Jarekh's 2 published designs and I must congratulate him once again. They are perfect enclosures for the 2 WeatherDuino projects. The printer was easy to setup and has worked flawlessly. I haven't got stuck into the design piece at this stage as there are heaps of designs available for immediate print on the web. Currently setting up a Raspberry Pi to run the printer remotely from my PC and Android. This saves having to put designs onto SD card and placing in the printer. I have also added a camera to the PI so I can monitor printing progress.
This has added another dimension to the WeatherDuino experience.

Rgds
Ian

PS Not sure if the added cost of the Ender 3 Pro is really worthwhile. I have had a look at a couple of Youtube reviews and could not see the benefit.
(18-11-2018, 00:44)dormani Wrote: I purchased a Creality Ender 3 printer a week or so ago. It arrived 3 days ago. I have now printed Jarekh's 2 published designs ...

Hello Ian

That's very encouraging! My mouse pointer starts to be dangerously close to the "buy now" button. Smile
Do you have any previous experience with 3D printing?

(18-11-2018, 03:29)Werk_AG Wrote:
(18-11-2018, 00:44)dormani Wrote: I purchased a Creality Ender 3 printer a week or so ago. It arrived 3 days ago. I have now printed Jarekh's 2 published designs ...

Hello Ian

That's very encouraging! My mouse pointer starts to be dangerously close to the "buy now" button.  Smile
Do you have any previous experience with 3D printing?

Hi Caneira
No previous experience at all. I did spend quite some time going through Youtube videos while recently overseas before I made the commitment to purchase. Suggest that if you haven't already it maybe prove worthwhile prior to hitting the buy key. I learned a fair bit from these which made it easy to put the printer together and do my first print which came out perfectly. The Ender 3 seems to be the printer to start with and my experience with it has been very good. Even the wife is showing some interest.
Ian