Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AQM offset

My AQM is working really well now, however, the temperature reading is a little high, I see there is a facility to adjust the Co2 offset, but not the temperature offset, there is the ability to change the temp offset in the RX software, might it be possible to add this feature to the AQM software in the next version please?

Andy

Hello Andy,

The main purpose of the Temp / Hum sensor installed on the AQM units is provide data to calibrate the readings of the dust sensor, that is why it is installed inside the box (and it should be), as close as possible to the sensors. Despite the AQM T/H data can be shown on the receiver it shouldn't be used or interpreted as the T/H of the place of installation of the AQM monitor, and even less as an reference for outdoor T/H.

With the WeatherDuino AQM I followed the concept used on the Purple Air AQM, where the T/H sensor is also installed inside the box, which also reports a slightly higher temperature than outside.

Well, an offset could be easily added on the AQM software, but I didn't it for the reasons explained above. Have the internal T/H of the AQM on the receiver is just an extra, the user may even disable it on the extra sensors mapping.

(13-06-2019, 10:59)atbukc Wrote:  ... might it be possible to add this feature to the AQM software in the next version please?

The possibility to define a Temperature offset will be available on the next release of the AQM II software.

(13-06-2019, 22:45)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hello Andy,

The main purpose of the Temp / Hum sensor installed on the AQM units is provide data to calibrate the readings of the dust sensor, that is why it is installed inside the box (and it should be), as close as possible to the sensors. Despite the AQM T/H data can be shown on the receiver it shouldn't be used or interpreted as the T/H of the place of installation of the AQM monitor, and even less as an reference for outdoor T/H.

With the WeatherDuino AQM I followed the concept used on the Purple Air AQM, where the T/H sensor is also installed inside the box, which also reports a slightly higher temperature than outside.

Well, an offset could be easily added on the AQM software, but I didn't it for the reasons explained above. Have the internal T/H of the AQM on the receiver is just an extra, the user may even disable it on the extra sensors mapping.

Hi Caneira,

Thanks for the interesting explanation, I thought that there would be a good reason, and sure enough there is!
As an engineer that has spent many years calibrating equipment it just bugs me when anything is slightly inaccurate!

Andy.