Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connections for transmitter unit

Hello community,

I have finally finished my 4Pro transmitter unit.
Can the UVM-30A and the solar cell for solar radiation measurement be connected to the 4Pro transmitter unit directly without the solar/UV interface?
It is not yet clear to me how the solar cell or the UVM-30A are connected. I am currently using the interface, but I would like to do without it.
The transmitter unit can be supplied with voltage via a solar module. If I connect this to the 12V interface and if so, what does the battery look like, is it also connected to the 12V interface and/or do I need a charging module for the battery ?
My last question concerns the TX LED and the fan LED. In the parts list, the FAN LED is specified as a "Blue" LED, the TX LED has no color assigned. Can I also use other colors for the LEDs? As far as I remember, some colored LEDs also have different voltages. Would I have to replace resistor R8 with a different value to change the voltage for the FAN LED?

I just had a question about the HTU21 temperature sensor. I wanted to try out a different T/H sensor instead of the SHT31 and the HTU21. I received this sensor:
Si7021 Humidity Sensor Temperature Sensor I2C SHT21 HTU21 GY-21 Sensor Module
Can someone tell me exactly what kind of sensor I have? I can't find any explanation about the sensor on the web. In the firmware for the transmitter unit I can set 1 for SHT21 or 2 for HTU21 for TH Sensor0 and then I get identical values displayed on the serial monitor.
Can anyone give me a hint about this?

Greetings.....

pWS_Sun_Dancer  WeatherDuino 4Pro+ Millenium Falcon; WeatherDuino Stuff at Thingiverse

(27-10-2023, 15:04)Sun_Dancer Wrote:  Hello community,

Can the UVM-30A and the solar cell for solar radiation measurement be connected to the 4Pro transmitter unit directly without the solar/UV interface?
It is not yet clear to me how the solar cell or the UVM-30A are connected. I am currently using the interface, but I would like to do without it.
The transmitter unit can be supplied with voltage via a solar module. If I connect this to the 12V interface and if so, what does the battery look like, is it also connected to the 12V interface and/or do I need a charging module for the battery ?
My last question concerns the TX LED and the fan LED. In the parts list, the FAN LED is specified as a "Blue" LED, the TX LED has no color assigned. Can I also use other colors for the LEDs? As far as I remember, some colored LEDs also have different voltages. Would I have to replace resistor R8 with a different value to change the voltage for the FAN LED?

I just had a question about the HTU21 temperature sensor. I wanted to try out a different T/H sensor instead of the SHT31 and the HTU21. I received this sensor:
Can someone tell me exactly what kind of sensor I have? I can't find any explanation about the sensor on the web. In the firmware for the transmitter unit I can set 1 for SHT21 or 2 for HTU21 for TH Sensor0 and then I get identical values displayed on the serial monitor.

Greetings.....

Hello Sun_Dancer,

Maybe this url can help you for the HTU 21, i did not use this sensor by myself but i try to help with information.
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-htu2...ity-sensor  https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-htu2...or/pinouts

Kind regards,
Wim

(27-10-2023, 15:04)Sun_Dancer Wrote:  I have finally finished my 4Pro transmitter unit.

Hello SunDancer,

The 4Pro Transmitter doesn't need the separated Solar / UV interface used on the Pro2 systems, it is already included on the main 4Pro TX board, as said on the description of the 4Pro TX board.
Don't connect the Pro2 Solar / UV interface to the 4Pro TX board, it may damage the Solar /UV inputs.
The solar cell and the UVM-30A should be connected directly to the board.

(27-10-2023, 15:04)Sun_Dancer Wrote:  The transmitter unit can be supplied with voltage via a solar module. If I connect this to the 12V interface and if so, what does the battery look like, is it also connected to the 12V interface and/or do I need a charging module for the battery ?

Yes, if you chose to power the TX through a 12V battery instead of 12V from a mains supply, then the battery should be kept charged, usually through a solar panel and a solar charge controller (I do not recommended this option for your place, as you will need at leat a 50W solar panel).

(27-10-2023, 15:04)Sun_Dancer Wrote:  My last question concerns the TX LED and the fan LED. In the parts list, the FAN LED is specified as a "Blue" LED, the TX LED has no color assigned. Can I also use other colors for the LEDs? As far as I remember, some colored LEDs also have different voltages. Would I have to replace resistor R8 with a different value to change the voltage for the FAN LED?

With little variance on brightness almost all LED colour will work with the default value resistors.

(27-10-2023, 15:04)Sun_Dancer Wrote:  I just had a question about the HTU21 temperature sensor. I wanted to try out a different T/H sensor instead of the SHT31 and the HTU21. I received this sensor:

From the picture on the link that sensor seems a HTU21. Its a good sensor but don't last long when used outside.
Using a different kind of sensor than those supported by the software, would imply changes on the software and / or libraries. The STH31 is a pretty good durable and precise sensor, why not use it?

Regards
Werk_AG

(27-10-2023, 22:42)Wim-T Wrote:  
(27-10-2023, 15:04)Sun_Dancer Wrote:  Hello community,

Greetings.....

Hello Sun_Dancer,

Maybe this url can help you for the HTU 21, i did not use this sensor by myself but i try to help with information.
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-htu2...ity-sensor  https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-htu2...or/pinouts

Kind regards,
Wim

Thank you for your help, unfortunately it didn't get me any further as no explanation was given about the different sensor names on a single module.
Meanwhile I was able to find out that the SI7021 module is manufactured by Sillicon Labs and is compatible with SHT21 and HTU21.
Greetings

pWS_Sun_Dancer  WeatherDuino 4Pro+ Millenium Falcon; WeatherDuino Stuff at Thingiverse

(28-10-2023, 20:36)werk_ag Wrote:  
(27-10-2023, 15:04)Sun_Dancer Wrote:  I have finally finished my 4Pro transmitter unit.
(28-10-2023, 20:36)werk_ag Wrote:  Hello SunDancer,

The 4Pro Transmitter doesn't need the separated Solar / UV interface used on the Pro2 systems, it is already included on the main 4Pro TX board, as said on the description of the 4Pro TX board.
Don't connect the Pro2 Solar / UV interface to the 4Pro TX board, it may damage the Solar /UV inputs.
The solar cell and the UVM-30A should be connected directly to the board.
and here lies my problem, how or where do I connect the solar cell to the transmitter unit? Plus of the solar cell to solar input on the solar/UV/I2C connection block and minus to GND on the solar/UV/I2C connection block?
UVM-30A signal line to UV on the solar/UV/I2C connection block, plus and minus each to 5V and GND?
Unfortunately I couldn't find any information about it anywhere.   Huh
(27-10-2023, 15:04)Sun_Dancer Wrote:  The transmitter unit can be supplied with voltage via a solar module. If I connect this to the 12V interface and if so, what does the battery look like, is it also connected to the 12V interface and/or do I need a charging module for the battery ?
(28-10-2023, 20:36)werk_ag Wrote:  Yes, if you chose to power the TX through a 12V battery instead of 12V from a mains supply, then the battery should be kept charged, usually through a solar panel and a solar charge controller (I do not recommended this option for your place, as you will need at leat a 50W solar panel).
Unfortunately, I have already discovered that my 20 watt panel is not enough, in sunny weather I can get through the night, but now in the autumnal weather it is not enough. A 40W panel is already ready.
(27-10-2023, 15:04)Sun_Dancer Wrote:  My last question concerns the TX LED and the fan LED. In the parts list, the FAN LED is specified as a "Blue" LED, the TX LED has no color assigned. Can I also use other colors for the LEDs? As far as I remember, some colored LEDs also have different voltages. Would I have to replace resistor R8 with a different value to change the voltage for the FAN LED?

With little variance on brightness almost all LED colour will work with the default value resistors.

(27-10-2023, 15:04)Sun_Dancer Wrote:  I just had a question about the HTU21 temperature sensor. I wanted to try out a different T/H sensor instead of the SHT31 and the HTU21. I received this sensor:
(28-10-2023, 20:36)werk_ag Wrote:  From the picture on the link that sensor seems a HTU21. Its a good sensor but don't last long when used outside.
Using a different kind of sensor than those supported by the software, would imply changes on the software and / or libraries. The STH31 is a pretty good durable and precise sensor, why not use it?

Regards
Werk_AG

I had read that the HTU21 delivers the most accurate values and just wanted to test this sensor. Thanks for the tip about it not being suitable for outdoor use. There are still several SHT31 sensors available, so I will probably use them again.

Greetings Andre

Hello Andre

(28-10-2023, 21:51)Sun_Dancer Wrote:  and here lies my problem, how or where do I connect the solar cell to the transmitter unit? Plus of the solar cell to solar input on the solar/UV/I2C connection block and minus to GND on the solar/UV/I2C connection block?
UVM-30A signal line to UV on the solar/UV/I2C connection block, plus and minus each to 5V and GND?
Unfortunately I couldn't find any information about it anywhere.   Huh

The + from solar cell connects to "SOLAR" on the TX board, the - connects to GND
The output pin of the UVM-30A connects to "UV" on the TX board, the other two connect to 5V and GND.

- If you are using the solar cell provided with the solar/UV interface set RV1 to around 2.7K Ohm
- For the UVM-30A UV sensor set RV2 to 0 (zero) Okm

(28-10-2023, 21:51)Sun_Dancer Wrote:  Unfortunately, I have already discovered that my 20 watt panel is not enough, in sunny weather I can get through the night, but now in the autumnal weather it is not enough. A 40W panel is already ready.

40W should be fine, also important is battery capacity, 7Ah is minimum.

(28-10-2023, 21:51)Sun_Dancer Wrote:  I had read that the HTU21 delivers the most accurate values and just wanted to test this sensor. Thanks for the tip about it not being suitable for outdoor use. There are still several SHT31 sensors available, so I will probably use them again.

If you which to try the HTU21 its ok, system supports that sensor.

Hope I had helped.

Rgs
Werk_AG