Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rainfall rate problem

(02-01-2015, 11:54)Live_Steam_Mad Wrote:  EDIT: I did exactly what you told me Mikko, with the 2nd Prolific Nano (2.50 TX board). There is one single "erase_eeprom" in the TX setup, as stated. I uncommented it, compiled and uploaded it, then commented it out and compiled and uploaded again. Using V13b009 software.

There is also one single "erase_eeprom" about 3/4 of the way through the code for the RX board's V13b004 software. I didn't do anything with that so far. Should I do anything with this RX Nano?

Cool down men! It's almost certain that there is nothing wrong!
Stop solder and desolder parts!

Listen carefully!

1 step - Go to your Cumulus data folder and delete all the files there.
2 step - Do again what Mikko tell you to do.
3 step - After software upload, put VP1 jumper in close position.
4 step - Wait at least 3 minutes before starting Cumulus.
5 step - Do you already have the TFT or any display connected? If yes, you may still see strange daily rain values on there. Be cool! Leave it run... after the first midnight (or your defined Starting Hour of your Meteorological Day), daily rain values on the display will be reset to zero.

Please report back and don't stress.
Since the beginning i'm feeling that you always doubt that the system will work, this is really bad to me. Do you really think that I'm publishing something that does not work? Do you think that I'm crazy enough to expose myself this way?
Do you think that I ever publicly publish anything, before testing it exhaustively?
Please give me some credit. I think I deserve it.
Fell free to report back any problem, but don't start soldering and desoldering parts.

(02-01-2015, 17:08)Werk_AG Wrote:  1 step - Go to your Cumulus data folder and delete all the files there.

Done. Deleted everything in C:\Cumulus\data on my Vista laptop (the only PC I have tested this WDPro2 PWS with yet).

Are we talking about doing Mikko's instructions on the RX Nano or on the TX Nano this time? I already did his instructions to the TX Nano. I can't do what Mikko said exactly if we are talking about the RX Nano instead this time i.e. "You can clear eeprom by uncomentting (take slashes out) following line from setup procedure" because the erase_eeprom code is NOT in the "setup procedure" (as it was in the TX code), it is instead 3/4 the way through the RX code.

You mention the VP1 switch, so I assume you are meaning to do Mikko's instructions on the RX Nano only? Or maybe you mean do it to BOTH the RX AND TX Nano's ? In which case, which Nano do I do it to first?

Regards,

ARG

(02-01-2015, 17:08)Werk_AG Wrote:  Since the beginning i'm feeling that you always doubt that the system will work, this is really bad to me.

Are you addressing me personally or people in general? I assume that comment was directed at me. In which case, where the heck did I express any doubt before today that this system works (before I got this sudden rain problem) ? I really dont' know what gave you that idea before today. "Always doubt" ? Don't know where you got that from. Also I have NO intention of insulting you.

I was rather under the impression (at least until today!) that the system worked perfectly, THAT'S THE REASON I'M HERE AT ALL!

However the only doubt (that was only created today) is whether I can get *mine* working, as I don't know what the cause of my specific problem is.

(02-01-2015, 17:08)Werk_AG Wrote:  Do you really think that I'm publishing something that does not work? Do you think that I'm crazy enough to expose myself this way?
Do you think that I ever publicly publish anything, before testing it exhaustively?

Of course not? Where did I say any of this?

Why do you think I went to all the trouble of soldering this together and buying a ton of parts? Because I believed that it worked of course!

(02-01-2015, 17:08)Werk_AG Wrote:  Please give me some credit. I think I deserve it.
Fell free to report back any problem, but don't start soldering and desoldering parts.

OK OK your system clearly works as you have demonstrated. So this system does also for other users here, perfectly. I won't desolder or change anything else until you tell me to, I promise.

Alistair G.

www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IENGLAND609

Fine Offset WH-1081 (Maplin N96FY) at present, soon to be WDPro2 I hope so that I can have Solar & UV graphs as well

(02-01-2015, 17:08)Werk_AG Wrote:  1 step - Go to your Cumulus data folder and delete all the files there.
4 step - Wait at least 3 minutes before starting Cumulus.
5 step - Do you already have the TFT or any display connected? If yes, you may still see strange daily rain values on there. Be cool! Leave it run... after the first midnight (or your defined Starting Hour of your Meteorological Day), daily rain values on the display will be reset to zero.

I didn't do the above steps (with the exception that I *did* do step 1) but I just instead did the steps you told me to do at ;- http://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Thread...819#pid819

...I did step 1 since you told me to do that in that link above at post #102.

If you want me do to the above steps, let me know.

ARG

www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IENGLAND609

Fine Offset WH-1081 (Maplin N96FY) at present, soon to be WDPro2 I hope so that I can have Solar & UV graphs as well

Hi,
Your Nano or it's eeprom is not likely bad, only values saved to eeprom might be not valid. WeatherDuino saves measurement to eeprom every now and then and reads them when necessary. Eeprom keeps it's values when Nano is not powered. For new Nano's I have seen eeprom filled with random values and it's wise to clear eeprom before using Nano for real application. There was a good instructions by uncle_bob how to clear whole eeprom memory. I assume that your problems were related to wrong TX board initial eeprom values, which were later on distributed to RX units and Cumulus. They both remember wrong values and should be cleared accordingly. RX/TX codes could not have "erase_eeprom()" enabled all the time, since that would destroy their "long time memory".