Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WD display WIFI

Hi all,
i have question about IP...

I like use more WD wifi displays in my network, but... Each client use the NAT (different subnet)

Now the mainboard send broadcast packet and WD display catch this... Is any posibility write to WD sw exact IP adress of mainboard ?
Real example:

Client network 192.168.100.0 /NAT/ ----- main network 192.168.1.0 ------ (WD station is also clinet network) /NAT/ 192.168.1.0
I can connect WD station to main network 192.168.1.0 but in way to client is still one NAT...

When i know exact ip and port is easy make port maping, but when the WD dispaly just listen, is not possible map some port...

Any ideas ?
Tnx

(27-12-2019, 00:27)ok2arm Wrote:  Hi all,
i have question about IP...

I like use more WD wifi displays in my network, but... Each client use the NAT (different subnet)

Now the mainboard send broadcast packet and WD display catch this... Is any posibility write to WD sw exact IP adress of mainboard ?
Real example:

Client network 192.168.100.0 /NAT/ ----- main network 192.168.1.0 ------ (WD station is also clinet network) /NAT/ 192.168.1.0
I can connect WD station to main network 192.168.1.0 but in way to client is still one NAT...

When i know exact ip and port is easy make port maping, but when the WD dispaly just listen, is not possible map some port...

Any ideas ?
Tnx

Hello,

You can use "DHCP reservation" of permanent IP address for any equipment in you LANs. You have to put WD MAC Address
to your DHCP server and configure "permanent" (or "reservation") address od that MAC Address...

And after this step you can configure firewall (NAT, SNAT, DNAT) for sending any packet from any LAN to any LAN.

But, I think, I should be better to configure some VLANs on your WiFi (and router) and use more SSIDs then only one. After this you can
use the same IP subnet for all WeatherDuino equipments.

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

Hi,
we were talking with Zdenek, but this is msg for Caneira....

Would be fine, it if was possible instead UDP port insert exact IP...
Because now is possible edit just UDP port, but when you like use WD display anywhere, would be nice insert exact ip of server

For example:

#define RX_MODE 0             // 0= Receive data by RF, 1= Receive by WiFi in the same subnet, 2= Receive by WiFi anywhere in internet

#define IP_ADRESS 1.2.3.4  // IP exact adress of WD station "server". Only used when RX_MODE is 2

#define UDP_DATA_PORT  9889   // Port to listen for Weather Data UDP packets. Only used when RX_MODE is 1 and 2

Because if I have public IP adress, where it will run WheatherStation, you can connect the WD Display anywhere

Dou you know, what I mean ?

Hi,

If I correctly understood, what you propose is the capability to have the WiFi Wireless Display unit anywhere in the internet, which I think means per example, a neighbour's house. Am I correct?

If is that, doing it isn't only a question of changing the WiFi Wireless Display software, it also implies a quite big change on the receiver software. To keep almost real-time update of the data on the WiFI WD units, the receiver would have to establish an IP connection with every pre-defined WiFi WD unit, this will take a large amount of time. Doing it just for one or two WiFi WD units, mean losing many RF data packets from the TX units.
To achieve your goal, you will need a different approach, such as send all data to a server (and not in real time as they are received from TX units, but at a specified interval not less than a minute), and then rebuild the WiFi WD software to fetch the data from the server.
Its a integrally different concept.

(02-01-2020, 02:32)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi,

If I correctly understood, what you propose is the capability to have the WiFi Wireless Display unit anywhere in the internet, which I think means per example, a neighbour's house. Am I correct?

If is that, doing it isn't only a question of changing the WiFi Wireless Display software, it also implies a quite big change on the receiver software. To keep almost real-time update of the data on the WiFI WD units, the receiver would have to establish an IP connection with every pre-defined WiFi WD unit, this will take a large amount of time. Doing it just for one or two WiFi WD units, mean losing many RF data packets from the TX units.
To achieve your goal, you will need a different approach, such as send all data to a server (and not in real time as they are received from TX units, but at a specified interval not less than a minute), and then rebuild the WiFi WD software to fetch the data from the server.
Its a integrally different concept.

Hi Caneira,
yes I think neighbour's house for example Smile I think is need some edit in WD receiver, because TX is the same... But is my opinion, I am not a programator..
Joe

(02-01-2020, 22:34)ok2arm Wrote:  Hi Caneira,
yes I think neighbour's house for example Smile I think is need some edit in WD receiver, because TX is the same... But is my opinion, I am not a programator..
Joe

Joe, broadcast an UDP datapacket to all subnet addresses in a LAN is a different thing than send the same UDP packet to a specific IP address outside of LAN.
What you propose can't be done by just doing changes on the WiFi WD software.

Rgs