Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

WeatherDuino - Air Quality Monitor presentation

Congratulations and thanks from me to all those involved, this takes the WeatherDuino Pro system to a whole new level of functionality!

Yes, nice logo! I would've missed that (for some time at least) if it wasn't mentioned Smile

I forgot to mention the logo. It is great and immediately suggests the new capability. Very well done.

Sorry Danner I have not had a built system to show off yet other than the scattered breadboard and wires in some of my beta testing contribution.

Hornychz: What have you used to make such neat cylindrical holes in your shield plates, and spacers to separate them. Where did you get the little case? I love the method and is what I will likely use. I have homemade my temp/humidity shield using flower pot saucers and PVC drain pipe through the center, where the sensor is installed with fan on the bottom.  It does the job very well, though probably not very attractive. I plan to rebuild using a stiffer saucer plastic.

Congratulations Werk for this new release!! That adds up a very cool and useful feature to the WeatherDuino Pro System to make it an evermore comprehensive system.

Air quality monitoring is interesting to monitor for those of us leaving in or near big cities as it impacts directly health, and especially with young childrens. In Singapore, we have the recurrent "haze" coming mainly from Indonesian burning forests and in this case it's really handy to be able to read such information. More recently in Portugal and France, thousands of hectares of forest have also burned Sad

Having the possibility to use different sensors and also compare with official nearby numbers will hopefully give us the chance to fine tune the readings and as Werk says better match both sensors.

Looking forward to build mine soon then!

Zitoune

(20-08-2017, 02:34)qldbureau Wrote:  Hornychz: What have you used to make such neat cylindrical holes in your shield plates, and spacers to separate them. Where did you get the little case? I love the method and is what I will likely use. I have homemade my temp/humidity shield using flower pot saucers and PVC drain pipe through the center, where the sensor is installed with fan on the bottom.  It does the job very well, though probably not very attractive. I plan to rebuild using a stiffer saucer plastic.

Sorry qldbureau I have not answered yet. The Akismet system has identified my response as spam, and this situation is still being addressed.

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

(20-08-2017, 02:34)qldbureau Wrote:  Hornychz: What have you used to make such neat cylindrical holes in your shield plates, and spacers to separate them. Where did you get the little case? I love the method and is what I will likely use. I have homemade my temp/humidity shield using flower pot saucers and PVC drain pipe through the center, where the sensor is installed with fan on the bottom.  It does the job very well, though probably not very attractive. I plan to rebuild using a stiffer saucer plastic.

[Image: outil-de-coupe-en-ovale-et-en-cercle-mat...234554.jpg]
http://www.hellopro.fr/outil-de-coupe-en...oduit.html

http://framewareinc.com/store/matmate-ov...cle-cutter

(20-08-2017, 02:34)qldbureau Wrote:  Hornychz: What have you used to make such neat cylindrical holes in your shield plates, and spacers to separate them. Where did you get the little case? I love the method and is what I will likely use. I have homemade my temp/humidity shield using flower pot saucers and PVC drain pipe through the center, where the sensor is installed with fan on the bottom.  It does the job very well, though probably not very attractive. I plan to rebuild using a stiffer saucer plastic.

Hi qldbureau,

Werk_AG helped me to recover my message, so I am trying to post it again:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Making holes is really fast and simple:
1) I use plastic bowls under pots that have a rolled ring exactly where I need to cut like this one:

[Image: miska_tulipan_bila.jpg]
(one piece 26 cm about USD 0.75)
2) From the outside of the bowl I cut a hole with a manual vertical milling cutter - the circle is doing well because the cutter can "lean" on the outer edge.
3) The hole is horribly "hairy," the material melts during cutting. That's why I'm going to do it manually with a NOGA scraper (with reburring blades BK3010).
4) In all of the dishes at once, I drill the holes with a small drill for centering, then drill the holes with the threaded rod.
5) Today I'm already "lazy" to make spacing posts, so I buy them finished and again according to the average thread rods I used (www.tme.eu).

Very simple, is not it? (Before I wrote it, I'd make the whole radiation shield.) 

Now I have bought another two DIN rail box:
PLC Plastic Shell Box

[Image: DSC_7434.JPG] [Image: DSC_7439.JPG]

I hope I did not spoil your opinion about my qualities with the ease of production ...  Big Grin

Best Regards
Zdenek

(24-08-2017, 18:27)hornychz Wrote:  [Image: DSC_7434.JPG] [Image: DSC_7439.JPG]

Good evening,

Really beautiful work!
On your website, there are many inspirations to take.
http://meteo.brandysnl.cz/MyDocs/images/DSC_6833.JPG

PS: I was 2 X with Brno beginning of the Eighties (races car)

(24-08-2017, 20:27)tobyportugal Wrote:  Really beautiful work!
On your website, there are many inspirations to take.
http://meteo.brandysnl.cz/MyDocs/images/DSC_6833.JPG

Hello,
And thank you. You are very kind ...  Smile 

(24-08-2017, 20:27)tobyportugal Wrote:  PS: I was 2 X with Brno beginning of the Eighties (races car)

I was born in Brno - but it's 64 years old  Rolleyes

Best Regards
Zdenek

Thanks for posting the pictures. It helps me a lot.

Thank you so much hornychz for the time taken showing your build and technique detail, you have it down to artwork.  It is fantastic and spurs me on to pursue for my AQI, and rebuild my temp/humidity sheild. I really need a stiffer pot saucer than originally used.
Thank you for the links also to case supplies.