WeatherDuino Forum
Cases for the wireless display (WD) - Printable Version

+- WeatherDuino Forum (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum)
+-- Forum: Weather Stations - WeatherDuino Pro2 Line (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Hardware Questions (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Cases for the wireless display (WD) (/thread-923.html)



Cases for the wireless display (WD) - Shred - 15-09-2016

Thanks to JT118 for the post linking to the eBay vendor selling cases for the Arduino + 2.8" TFT displays.

I bought one of the enclosures - without the holes for the Arduino:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adafruit-PiTFT-2-8-LCD-TFT-case-enclosure-for-Arduino-Uno-Mega-/122056501620?var=&hash=item1c6b226974:m:mL5wgOT6l0bzw0omqQX1hBQ

I needed to drill an extra hole in the front panel for my TFT and enlarge / elongate two of the mounting holes on the TFT to make them line up with the front panel holes [EDIT: if I had my time again, I'd buy the 2.8" TFT that the case is designed to accept]. I also drilled new holes in the base for the WD board and cut openings in the back for the SMA connector and the USB plug. The case goes together fairly well, although some of the holes needed to be enlarged for the supplied bolts to fit. The eBay vendor has assembly instructions here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62628815/Assemblyinstructionstft.pdf

This is my WD unit. I'll probably add a black push button switch to the front panel at some stage:

[Image: 20160915%20WD%20in%20Case%20Small.jpg]


RE: Cases for the wireless display (WD) - zitoune - 15-09-2016

Looks pretty Shred! Congrats!


RE: Cases for the wireless display (WD) - uncle_bob - 15-09-2016

Looks real good. A bit exxy though. Maybe I should give up my day job and start churning out these things Smile


RE: Cases for the wireless display (WD) - hornychz - 15-09-2016

Very nice, Shred!


RE: Cases for the wireless display (WD) - werk_ag - 15-09-2016

(15-09-2016, 07:50)uncle_bob Wrote:  Looks real good. A bit exxy though. Maybe I should give up my day job and start churning out these things Smile

Why not? SmileSmileSmile

Cheers
Caneira


PS: Dear friend, please check your email on the forum profile, I think you are not receiving notification of PM's (server returned a delivery error).


RE: Cases for the wireless display (WD) - JT118 - 15-09-2016

Perhaps we should contact him and see what his minimum production run is, and see what custom made weatherduino cases would cost.