WeatherDuino Forum
Battery and solar system for the TX Board - Printable Version

+- WeatherDuino Forum (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum)
+-- Forum: Weather Stations - WeatherDuino Pro2 Line (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Hardware Questions (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Battery and solar system for the TX Board (/thread-276.html)



Battery and solar system for the TX Board - bryce1373 - 22-04-2015

What battery/solar setup do you use for the TX board


RE: Battery and solar system for the TX Board - moolight0551 - 22-04-2015

(22-04-2015, 12:08)bryce1373 Wrote:  What battery/solar setup do you use for the RX board

I have a 40W solar panel with a controller and a 9AH battery. Just installed it before lots of rainy days in Sydney and it seems to be powering the TX unit fine. In a sunny country like Australia 40W is probably overkill but maybe I can use it to power some LEDs around the shed. Early days yet so I will see how it goes.


RE: Battery and solar system for the TX Board - werk_ag - 22-04-2015

(22-04-2015, 12:08)bryce1373 Wrote:  What battery/solar setup do you use for the RX board

I think you want to mean the TX board.
I edited the title of the topic.


RE: Battery and solar system for the TX Board - bryce1373 - 23-04-2015

I did the math and a 9 amp hour battery would be charged by a 20 watt solar panel within 7 hours. The 9ah battery should supply up to 9 hours of charge if the circuit run at 1 amp

(22-04-2015, 12:58)moolight0551 Wrote:  
(22-04-2015, 12:08)bryce1373 Wrote:  What battery/solar setup do you use for the RX board

I have a 40W solar panel with a controller and a 9AH battery. Just installed it before lots of rainy days in Sydney and it seems to be powering the TX unit fine. In a sunny country like Australia 40W is probably overkill but maybe I can use it to power some LEDs around the shed. Early days yet so I will see how it goes.