WeatherDuino Forum
The Weatherduino Pro2 Plus software no longer starts - Printable Version

+- WeatherDuino Forum (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum)
+-- Forum: Weather Stations - WeatherDuino Pro2 Line (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Forum-Weather-Stations-WeatherDuino-Pro2-Line)
+--- Forum: Software Questions (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Forum-Software-Questions)
+--- Thread: The Weatherduino Pro2 Plus software no longer starts (/Thread-The-Weatherduino-Pro2-Plus-software-no-longer-starts)

Pages: 1 2

The Weatherduino Pro2 Plus software no longer starts - bombenm - 09-03-2021

Hello gentlemen,

I had a weird thing happen yesterday.
After a few days ago the receiver visualized the dashes instead of the zeros in the rain and rain rate data, yesterday I decided to restart the receiver program.
And here begins the surprise.  During the software startup (during data acquisition by the tx), when the display shows the red letters TWR that then turn green (except the R letter as usual - in my case), the receiver remains on stand-by and no longer starts.
Touching the display, I find all the data received from the tx including the dashes in the rain and rain rate data, but the receiver does not transmit any in WD nor in ThingSpeak, nor transmit the data to the other 4Pro Wireless display.
It's like the receiver is waiting for some more information but I can't figure out which one.
I tried rebooting the tx and rx software several times, reprogramming the rx but nothing changed.
Have you ever had this issue?  How did you solve it?
Any idea?

I am grateful.

Mauro

RE: The Weatherduino Pro2 Plus software no longer starts - bombenm - 09-03-2021

Other thing. I opened the receiver and noticed that the comm led always stays on as if it did not receive packets from the tx.
If I touch the display, I see all the information regarding temperature humidity, pressure, wind, UV and radiation.
Is that a problem with the trasmitter?

If I remember correctly, there’s a receiver diagnostic program if it receive correctly the data from tx, right?

RE: The Weatherduino Pro2 Plus software no longer starts - hornychz - 09-03-2021

Hello, bombenm,

When starting the RX unit, you should wait until all three TWR letters go from red to green. During this time, the "diagnostic" LED
will also light up, indicating that the connection to the transmitters has not yet been properly established. At this time, you should
neither touch the screen nor start the weather software.

Normally, this time lasts about 5 minutes, but in the case of poor signal reception of the transmitters, it can be stretched several times.
So try to persevere for at least 15 to 20 minutes and if the RX unit does not "jump", please respond again.

Good luck!

(09-03-2021, 15:34)hornychz Wrote:  Hello, bombenm,

When starting the RX unit, you should wait until all three TWR letters go from red to green. During this time, the "diagnostic" LED
will also light up, indicating that the connection to the transmitters has not yet been properly established. At this time, you should
neither touch the screen nor start the weather software.

Normally, this time lasts about 5 minutes, but in the case of poor signal reception of the transmitters, it can be stretched several times.
So try to persevere for at least 15 to 20 minutes and if the RX unit does not "jump", please respond again.

Good luck!

Hello hornychz,

I left the inisalization process for hours. The result was that,  after several minutes, the receiver shows the big clock without wifi or internet connection.
Before,  I try to upload the software in Test mode. comm led went off. Wi-Fi is working. I would like to do others tests in order to found where is the Issue. Thank you.

I enabled some of the debug options just to check if the unit initializes.
All seems ok. 
I did some tests on I2C with the i2cscanner and this is what I found

I2Scanner now gives:
Scanning...
I2C device found at address 0x50  !
I2C device found at address 0x57  !
I2C device found at address 0x68  !
I2C device found at address 0x76  !
done

At this point I Think it is an issue on the trasmitter board.
Tomorrow I Will go on the roof and i will verify.  I will keep you informed.

RE: The Weatherduino Pro2 Plus software no longer starts - hornychz - 09-03-2021

RE: The Weatherduino Pro2 Plus software no longer starts - Werk_AG - 09-03-2021

(09-03-2021, 07:00)bombenm Wrote:  Hello gentlemen,

After a few days ago the receiver visualized the dashes instead of the zeros in the rain and rain rate data, yesterday I decided to restart the receiver program.
And here begins the surprise.  During the software startup (during data acquisition by the tx), when the display shows the red letters TWR that then turn green (except the R letter as usual - in my case), the receiver remains on stand-by and no longer starts.
Touching the display, I find all the data received from the tx including the dashes in the rain and rain rate data, but the receiver does not transmit any in WD nor in ThingSpeak, nor transmit the data to the other 4Pro Wireless display.
It's like the receiver is waiting for some more information but I can't figure out which one.
I tried rebooting the tx and rx software several times, reprogramming the rx but nothing changed.
Any idea?

I am grateful.

Mauro

Hello Mauro.

From your description, seems that nothing serious is happen with your system, much by the contrary, the receiver is warning you that it isn't receiving any data from the rain gauge. It started to warn you at the moment you start to see the three dashes.

Since it started to happen, without having done any changes on the TX software, and considering that the transmitter is working, the first thing to check is if the settings on the RX software are correct. Please verify these ones:

Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Define the source of your main outside sensors
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// ---- If you are using just one TX board, the source for all items should be equal to your single TX Unit ID (most likely zero).
// ---- Define the source of your main Temperature / Humidity sensor
#define TH_SOURCE 0 // 0= Temp/Hum sensor connected to TX_Unit 0, 1= for TX_Unit 1, ..., 3 for Auriol RF Temp / Hum
// ---- Define the source of your Main Wind sensor
#define WIND_SOURCE 0 // 0= Wind instruments connected to TX_Unit 0, 1= for TX_Unit 1, ..., 3 for Auriol RF Wind Speed & Dir
// ---- Define the source of your main Rain Gauge
#define RAIN_SOURCE 0 // 0= Rain Gauge connected to TX_Unit 0, 1= for TX_Unit 1, ..., 3 for Auriol RF Rain Gauge

The SOURCE should correspond to the TX unit number where a specify sensor is attached. If you are using just one TX unit, and the rain gauge isn't an Auriol type, them all those three should be zero.
I really believe that your problem is here.

(09-03-2021, 14:08)bombenm Wrote:  Other thing. I opened the receiver and noticed that the comm led always stays on as if it did not receive packets from the tx.
If I touch the display, I see all the information regarding temperature humidity, pressure, wind, UV and radiation.

That is normal, the COM LED remains ON until data from the three main sensor are received. Its another visual warning.
The station only starts or completes the initialization process, after having received data from the three main sensors (Temp / Hum, Wind and rain), until that happens, station don't send data to WU, Thingspeak nor even broadcast data to Wireless Display units.

Before climbing to the roof, please check the RX Config_Options as said above.
If the settings are correct and the issue persist, please post both RX and TX Config_Options.g files and add a brief description of your system.
Is your rain gauge attached to the TX unit, or is it an Auriol rain gauge?

Rgs
Werk_AG

RE: The Weatherduino Pro2 Plus software no longer starts - bombenm - 10-03-2021

(09-03-2021, 22:48)Werk_AG Wrote:  

Any idea?

I am grateful.

Mauro

Hello Mauro.

From your description, seems that nothing serious is happen with your system, much by the contrary, the receiver is warning you that it isn't receiving any data from the rain gauge. It started to warn you at the moment you start to see the three dashes.

Since it started to happen, without having done any changes on the TX software, and considering that the transmitter is working, the first thing to check is if the settings on the RX software are correct. Please verify these ones:

Code:
// ---- If you are using just one TX board, the source for all items should be equal to your single TX Unit ID (most likely zero).
#define TH_SOURCE 0 // 0= Temp/Hum sensor connected to TX_Unit 0, 1= for TX_Unit 1, ..., 3 for Auriol RF Temp / Hum
#define WIND_SOURCE 0 // 0= Wind instruments connected to TX_Unit 0, 1= for TX_Unit 1, ..., 3 for Auriol RF Wind Speed & Dir
#define RAIN_SOURCE 0 // 0= Rain Gauge connected to TX_Unit 0, 1= for TX_Unit 1, ..., 3 for Auriol RF Rain Gauge

The SOURCE should correspond to the TX unit number where a specify sensor is attached. If you are using just one TX unit, and the rain gauge isn't an Auriol type, them all those three should be zero.

(09-03-2021, 14:08)bombenm Wrote:  Other thing. I opened the receiver and noticed that the comm led always stays on as if it did not receive packets from the tx.

That is normal, the COM LED remains ON until data from the three main sensor are received. Its another visual warning.
The station only starts or completes the initialization process, after having received data from the three main sensors (Temp / Hum, Wind and rain), until that happens, station don't send data to WU, Thingspeak nor even broadcast data to Wireless Display units.

If the settings are correct and the issue persist, please post both RX and TX Config_Options.g files and add a brief description of your system.

Rgs
Werk_AG

Hello WerK_AG.

Thank you for your feedback.
The setting that you showed me on the RX software are correct. I checked all the settings; also because I noticed that the RX software has not been modified by removing only the power supply.
What I don't understand is that temperature, humidity, UV, and solar radiation data are displayed by the receiver as soon as I force the initialization process by touching the touchscreen.
The rain gauge is attached to the TX unit.  It is the new Davis AeroCone DW-6466M.
The working principle is like all balancing rain sensors. Its is a normal switch that's why I don't understand how the TX unit doesn't detect it.

Regards

Mauro

RE: The Weatherduino Pro2 Plus software no longer starts - bombenm - 10-03-2021

(10-03-2021, 09:46)bombenm Wrote:  
(09-03-2021, 22:48)Werk_AG Wrote:  

Any idea?

I am grateful.

Mauro

Hello Mauro.

Code:

Rgs
Werk_AG

Hello WerK_AG.

Thank you for your feedback.
The setting that you showed me on the RX software are correct. I checked all the settings; also because I noticed that the RX software has not been modified by removing only the power supply.
What I don't understand is that temperature, humidity, UV, and solar radiation data are displayed by the receiver as soon as I force the initialization process by touching the touchscreen.
The rain gauge is attached to the TX unit.  It is the new Davis AeroCone DW-6466M.
The working principle is like all balancing rain sensors. Its is a normal switch that's why I don't understand how the TX unit doesn't detect it.

Regards

Mauro

Summing up, today after having verified a second time all the settings of the receiver unit, I went on the roof to verify the transmitter unit. Everything seems fine, the TX LED flashes every few seconds as it should.
Unfortunately during the initialization process, the receiver shows the letters T and W green, while the letter R remains red.
By reading the receiver’s program , the letter R corresponds to the rain sensor. Is it correct?
This means that the transmitter does not hear the connection of the rain gauge  which, if I’m not mistaken, should be a normal closed switch by a "Red switch".

Then it occurred to me,  if the switch was for some reason not completely closed, the transmitter would signal it as an unlinked device. Is it correct?

At this point everything would make sense, and it would also explain why, once the power is removed from the receiver, the latter can no longer start. I’ll run this test tomorrow and let you know something.