WeatherDuino Forum
BME280 compliation error - Printable Version

+- WeatherDuino Forum (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum)
+-- Forum: Weather Stations - WeatherDuino Pro2 Line (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Software Questions (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: BME280 compliation error (/thread-1619.html)

BME280 compliation error - atbukc - 05-02-2019

I have just received my Wireless display unit,  I have configured it to use a BME280 sensor for internal temperature, on compiling it gives errors,  after a bit of research it seems that the code is only compatible with version 1.0 of the BME280 library, not the version 2.30 supplied with downloaded lib pack, I have compiled with the v1.0 lib and it compiles and uploads fine, however the internal temp is displayed as 0.0 and the humidity as 0.0%, I have tested the sensor with example code & its fine..

If someone could help me with this I’d be grateful.

Thanks Andy

RE: BME280 compliation error - werk_ag - 05-02-2019

(05-02-2019, 18:08)atbukc Wrote:  I have just received my Wireless display unit,  I have configured it to use a BME280 sensor for internal temperature, on compiling it gives errors,  after a bit of research it seems that the code is only compatible with version 1.0 of the BME280 library, not the version 2.30 supplied with downloaded lib pack, I have compiled with the v1.0 lib and it compiles and uploads fine, however the internal temp is displayed as 0.0 and the humidity as 0.0%, I have tested the sensor with example code & its fine..

Thanks Andy

Hello Andy,

I'm glad you already received your WiFi Wireless Display unit.
As certainly you can understand I can only guarantee that the software compiles fine when compiled with the libraries supplied in the WeatherDuino software package, that's why there is an info on the downloads page saying: Always compile using the provided libraries.
In this case, as you have found, the software only works with the supplied BME280 library which is version 1.0.0

I have checked the reported issue with internal temp and humidity being read as zero. Indeed there is a bug already fixed.
Please download and install: WeatherDuino 4Pro Wireless Display v4.1_b006 - Release date: 2019-02-05

Thanks for you feedback.

Regards

RE: BME280 compliation error - atbukc - 06-02-2019

(05-02-2019, 23:43)Werk_AG Wrote:  
(05-02-2019, 18:08)atbukc Wrote:  I have just received my Wireless display unit,  I have configured it to use a BME280 sensor for internal temperature, on compiling it gives errors,  after a bit of research it seems that the code is only compatible with version 1.0 of the BME280 library, not the version 2.30 supplied with downloaded lib pack, I have compiled with the v1.0 lib and it compiles and uploads fine, however the internal temp is displayed as 0.0 and the humidity as 0.0%, I have tested the sensor with example code & its fine..

Thanks Andy

Hello Andy,

I'm glad you already received your WiFi Wireless Display unit.
As certainly you can understand I can only guarantee that the software compiles fine when compiled with the libraries supplied in the WeatherDuino software package, that's why there is an info on the downloads page saying: Always compile using the provided libraries.
In this case, as you have found, the software only works with the supplied BME280 library which is version 1.0.0

I have checked the reported issue with internal temp and humidity being read as zero. Indeed there is a bug already fixed.
Please download and install: WeatherDuino 4Pro Wireless Display v4.1_b006 - Release date: 2019-02-05

Thanks for you feedback.

Regards

Ive just downloaded the new version, all working fine now, thanks for such a quick fix.

I was originally using the supplied libraries, I guess the Arduino IDE updated the libray without me realising! I'll keep a better watch on it from now on!

Thanks Andy