WeatherDuino Forum

Full Version: Questions for newbies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I'm going to realise step by step my WeatherDuino Pro2: First RX unit, second TX unit and go on.
But there are few uncelear points for me. Could someone please explain?
1) What is purpose of the "fan" in TX unit?
2) Both of SHT11 and DHT22 has a temperature sensor. So why is there an other temperature sensor? (TMP36)
3) What is the pin explanation of the wind and rain sockets? (i.e.
pin 1: power
pin2: digital data for wind direction
pin 3: ....)
Answer of third question wil be very useful to prepare DIY solutions.

Regards.
Recep
1) The fan is optional. It used to force air over the temp sensor when used in a radiation screen as on sunny days these can read a bit high.

2) The TMP36 temp sensor is to measure the temperate inside the case that the TX unit is mounted in. It's also optional.

3) The Wind vane data goes via one pair to Pins 1 & 2 and the Anemometer goes via the other pair to pins 3 & 4. Take a look at the schematic, that should give you some hints to want pins do what. Werk_AG may give a definite answer on these.
(17-04-2015, 14:18)hamix Wrote: [ -> ]3) What is the pin explanation of the wind and rain sockets? (i.e.
pin 1: power
pin2: digital data for wind direction
pin 3: ....)
Answer of third question wil be very useful to prepare DIY solutions.

Hi,

If you plan to implement some DIY solutions, it will be good take a look to the TX v2.50 board schematics and to the code too. Doing this, will give you some light. Smile

RJ11 Pin1 and Pin2 goes to GND
RJ11 Pin3 goes to an Arduino digital pin
RJ11 Pin4 goes to an Arduino analog pin

So, RJ11 Pin3 is digital data from anemometer, and RJ11 Pin 4 is analog signal from wind vane.

There is no permanent power pin at the RJ11 connector. The power for the wind vane is switched on and off just before any reading, and is supplied to the wind vane through R8.

Of course, I can not give support, for any personal user modifications.
Many thanks for answers. They are very illuminative and useful.