WeatherDuino Forum

Full Version: Soft ware queries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,
I have a couple of queries regarding software:

1 arduino software which version is best to use the new 1,60 or 1,58

2 weatherduino pro software latest version has been downloaded
there are 4 files libraries
weatherduino RX_v013_b014
weatherduino TX_v013_b005
change log pdf

I think I understand the 2 weatherduino files, but which files do I use from the libraries file ? does it depend on modules and hardware being used in both the TX and RX ?

I am very close now to finishing both the Rx and Tx and now I am concentrating on the software side of the project.

So again thanks in advance for help and advice given, like I've said before software is not my strongest point .

regards
tyntop
Hello,
Others may have a different opinion, but I guess that in this case, it won't make any difference between IDE 1.58 or 1.60.

About the libraries, you don't need to worry about who is whom, just put all those folders into the libraries folder from arduino IDE.
When you installed arduino ide, if you look into the folder, you will see one with the name libraries, there's where you must put those folders distributed by Werk_AG.

The structure will be something like:

xyz\arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal_I2C
xyz\arduino\libraries\SHT1x
xyz\arduino\libraries\VirtualWire

etc

If you have any doubts, we are here to help.

Best regards

(15-02-2015, 16:43)tyntop Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I have a couple of queries regarding software:

1 arduino software which version is best to use the new 1,60 or 1,58

2 weatherduino pro software latest version has been downloaded
there are 4 files libraries
weatherduino RX_v013_b014
weatherduino TX_v013_b005
change log pdf

I think I understand the 2 weatherduino files, but which files do I use from the libraries file ? does it depend on modules and hardware being used in both the TX and RX ?

I am very close now to finishing both the Rx and Tx and now I am concentrating on the software side of the project.

So again thanks in advance for help and advice given, like I've said before software is not my strongest point .

regards
tyntop
Hi,
I am having problems with arduino I have added the weatherdino files to the library in arduino, I have then opened the rx ino file and made the user changes, then saved them, when I try to compile or upload them I get the error message :

WeatherDuino_RX_v013_b014.ino 28.58 FATAL ERROR: virtualwire.L:
no such file or directory.

I have been trying for at least 2-3 hours to sort this out and I am getting frustrated.
please help.

regards
tyntop
Please check if by mistake, you didn't edit the wrong line.
If I'm not mistaken, on line 8, you have
#include <VirtualWire.L> // library for RF RX/TX
when really should be:

#include <VirtualWire.h> // library for RF RX/TX

Please check that.
Best regards

(17-02-2015, 02:11)tyntop Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I am having problems with arduino I have added the weatherdino files to the library in arduino, I have then opened the rx ino file and made the user changes, then saved them, when I try to compile or upload them I get the error message :

WeatherDuino_RX_v013_b014.ino 28.58 FATAL ERROR: virtualwire.L:
no such file or directory.

I have been trying for at least 2-3 hours to sort this out and I am getting frustrated.
please help.

regards
tyntop
Hi sorry for my mistake I cant read my own writing virtual wire,h is there so that cant be the problem

I have had some times had warning that the files that have been downloaded are read only could that be a cause of the problem ? if so how does 1 make them readable ?

again sorry for my mistake

regards
tyntop
About read-only files, maybe you should edit folder's permissions or create a new folder in a place that you have full permissions.

About the error itself, I just told that maybe you have an error in the code because you pasted the error and it had virtualwire.L not found. That's true because the file's name is virtualwire.h

Are you sure that in the code, you don't have virtualwire.L writed somewhere?

(17-02-2015, 02:29)tyntop Wrote: [ -> ]Hi sorry for my mistake I cant read my own writing virtual wire,h is there so that cant be the problem

I have had some times had warning that the files that have been downloaded are read only could that be a cause of the problem ? if so how does 1 make them readable ?

regards
tyntop
(17-02-2015, 02:38)meteoestarreja Wrote: [ -> ]About read-only files, maybe you should edit folder's permissions or create a new folder in a place that you have full permissions.

About the error itself, I just told that maybe you have an error in the code because you pasted the error and it had virtualwire.L not found. That's true because the file's name is virtualwire.h

Are you sure that in the code, you don't have virtualwire.L writed somewhere?

(17-02-2015, 02:29)tyntop Wrote: [ -> ]Hi sorry for my mistake I cant read my own writing virtual wire,h is there so that cant be the problem

regards
tyntop

Hi, thanks for the quick replies, virtualwireL is not there at all like I said I misread my writing

regards
tyntop.
I'm sorry, I think I'm kind loss on translation.
Do you have the problem solved or getting the same error?
Can you please copy/paste the error you are getting?
You don't need to edit any of the libraries.

Can you please try this too:

In your Documents folder you should have a folder called Arduino. Inside this folder you should find another folder called libraries. Unzip all the supplied libraries to this folder and delete them from previous location.

Restart Arduino IDE and try to compile the code again.
Hi Werk_AG, the error posted refers to virtualwire.L not found, maybe by mistaken on main file he changed the include file name.
It could also test copying virtualwire.h to virtualwire.L on libraries\virtualwire folder

(17-02-2015, 02:50)Werk_AG Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please copy/paste the error you are getting?
You don't need to edit any of the libraries.

Can you please try this too:

In your Documents folder you should have a folder called Arduino. Inside this folder you should find another folder called libraries. Unzip all the supplied libraries to this folder and delete them from previous location.

Restart Arduino IDE and try to compile the code again.
Pages: 1 2 3