WeatherDuino Forum

Full Version: TX Board v 2.5 and Pro2 Plus Receiver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI, I have an old Tx Board v2.5 and trying to get it to communicate with my new Pro2 Plus Receiver. I was not getting any data using an earlier version of Tx software(don't know which version I was using)  so have compiled and loaded WeatherDuino Pro2 Universal TX AT328 - Version: 7.0_b003 onto the Nano on the v2.5 TX board. Now I have communication and can see the wind readings but no outside temperature/RH(Both are 0). I have a DHT22 connected to the Tx board righthand side connector(and have checked that the sensor works OK using a test sketch in arduino). 

Can you firstly confirm that a Tx 2.5 board with Version 7.0_b003 installed can communicate with the Pro2 Plus receiver (with the latest software)?

I am uncertain in the Universal Tx vers 7.0 sketch which Tx sensor I should enable Tx_SENS0 or TX_SENS1. I think #define TH_SENSOR1  1 is correct but I get no readings other than 0 and 0 sent to the Pro2 Plus Receiver.

I also have a SHT21 sensor that I could try. Can you confirm that TX_SENS0 refers to the lefthand side connector(labelled SHT21/I2C) on the Tx 2.5 board and the TX_SENS1 refers to the righthand side connector(labelled DHT22/SHT1X)? I also would assume that I can only connect/enable one sensor at a time, please confirm.

I also see no rain data but have not looked at that yet.

Thanks David
Hi David,

(26-10-2020, 05:07)moolight0551 Wrote: [ -> ]HI, I have an old Tx Board v2.5 and trying to get it to communicate with my new Pro2 Plus Receiver. I was not getting any data using an earlier version of Tx software(don't know which version I was using)  so have compiled and loaded WeatherDuino Pro2 Universal TX AT328 - Version: 7.0_b003 onto the Nano on the v2.5 TX board. Now I have communication and can see the wind readings but no outside temperature/RH(Both are 0). I have a DHT22 connected to the Tx board righthand side connector(and have checked that the sensor works OK using a test sketch in arduino). 

Can you firstly confirm that a Tx 2.5 board with Version 7.0_b003 installed can communicate with the Pro2 Plus receiver (with the latest software)?

Yes it can, otherwise you would not be receiving wind data.

(26-10-2020, 05:07)moolight0551 Wrote: [ -> ]I am uncertain in the Universal Tx vers 7.0 sketch which Tx sensor I should enable Tx_SENS0 or TX_SENS1. I think #define TH_SENSOR1  1 is correct but I get no readings other than 0 and 0 sent to the Pro2 Plus Receiver.

I also have a SHT21 sensor that I could try. Can you confirm that TX_SENS0 refers to the lefthand side connector(labelled SHT21/I2C) on the Tx 2.5 board and the TX_SENS1 refers to the righthand side connector(labelled DHT22/SHT1X)? I also would assume that I can only connect/enable one sensor at a time, please confirm.

You can connect both sensors (SHT21 and the DTH22) at the same time, exactly the way you said, the transmitter will send data from both.
In your case, Config_Options in TX software it will be:

Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   Define type of Temperature / Humidity sensor used as Sensor 0 and / or Sensor 1
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define TH_SENSOR0  0      // [SENSOR 0] - 0 for SHT2x sensor, 1 for SHT31 sensor, 2 for HTU21 sensor, 9 for Not Used
#define TH_SENSOR1  1      // [SENSOR 1] - 0 for SHT1x sensor, 1 for DHT22 sensor, 9 for Not Used

However, on the RX software you will need to define which sensor will be your main sensor (the other should be mapped as an extra sensor)
Example of Config_Options for the RX software, to set Sensor 1 as the main sensor (in your case, the DHT22).

Code:
//   Each TX unit can send data from two Temp / Hum sensors.
//   Here you must define which one will be used as your main outside Temperature / Humidity Sensor
//   SENSOR_0 can be any of the supported I2C T/H sensors (SHT31, SHT21 or HTU21D), SENSOR_1 can be an SHT1x or DHT22
#define MAINOUT_TH_SENSOR 1   // 0 for SENSOR_0, 1 for SENSOR_1

Besides that, I will suggest you to enable the some debug options on the TX software, by removing the comments on these two lines of code

Code:
//   Debug
#define ENABLE_DEBUG
#define DEBUG_ID0

This way you can check if the DTH22 is being read correctly.
Let me know if I can help any further.

Regards
Werk_AG
Thanks Caneira, I will give it a go and report back.

Dave
That did the trick. I now have my Pro2 Plus happily displaying all my data.

I really like some of the new features like the TX/Rx Packets and the efficiency percentage. Even the small flashing indicator(heartbeat) under the TX 0 label is great. Software version, IP address are all excellent.

Thanks for all your hard work Caneira. Now I'm ready to add some more sensors and get ready for the Australian summer Angry .

Cheers Dave
Hi Dave,

I'm glad to know that everything is now working as it should. Like

(28-10-2020, 02:04)moolight0551 Wrote: [ -> ]... Now I'm ready to add some more sensors and get ready for the Australian summer Angry .

Now, winter is coming here. Would you like to exchange? Smile Just joking, I like all stations of the year... just the short winter days upsets me a little.

Regards
Werk_AG
(28-10-2020, 02:04)moolight0551 Wrote: [ -> ]That did the trick. I now have my Pro2 Plus happily displaying all my data.
I really like some of the new features like the TX/Rx Packets and the efficiency percentage. Even the small flashing indicator(heartbeat) under the TX 0 label is great. Software version, IP address are all excellent.
Thanks for all your hard work Caneira. Now I'm ready to add some more sensors and get ready for the Australian summer Angry .
Cheers Dave

Like  Congratulations!
Awesome work Dave! Great to have another Weatherduino built.