WeatherDuino Forum

Full Version: WeatherDuino Pro2 Compact w/ Auriol H13726A not picking up signal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I've been fighting with this for 3 days now, but I have never been able to capture any traffic from my Auriol H13726A weather station.

Here are the changes I made to the code:
Code:
#define TH_SOURCE       3   // 0= Temp/Hum sensor connected to TX_Unit 0, 1= for TX_Unit 1, ..., 3 for Auriol RF Temp / Hum
#define WIND_SOURCE     3   // 0= Wind instruments connected to TX_Unit 0, 1= for TX_Unit 1, ..., 3 for Auriol RF Wind Speed & Dir
#define RAIN_SOURCE     3   // 0= Rain Gauge connected to TX_Unit 0, 1= for TX_Unit 1, ..., 3 for Auriol RF Rain Gauge
#define SOLAR_SOURCE    9   // 0= Solar Radiation sensor connected to TX_Unit 0, 1= for TX_Unit1, ..., 9 for not used
#define UV_SOURCE       9   // 0= UV sensor connected to TX_Unit 0, 1= for TX_Unit1, ..., 9 for not used......#define PRINT_DEBUG_WIFI
#define PRINT_DEBUG_AURIOL
#define PRINT_DEBUG_RF_MESSAGES
#define PRINT_GENERALDEBUG

Yet, the weatherduino never receives anything. The serial console doesn't show anything beyond the wifi connection is made.
I tried several strategies - remove batteries from the sensors and restart the head unit, then powering up weatherduino; factory reset on the weatherduino,...
My board didn't arrive with an antenna, so I attached my own (i'm saying this as am not sure it is a right kind as photo in this thread made me unsure).

[Image: jSa3rAsPieR8NP2?x=1916&y=617&a=true&file...calingup=0]
I also tried to stick in one of these, but had no luck with them either:
[Image: 433MHz-Helical-antenna-Copper-spring-antenna.jpg]

Here I tried to hit channel/search on the head unit to pair it with my rain sensor again - the head unit picked up the packets quite soon, with weatherduino staying idle.
[Image: XxkBpGCSSg7CjFs?x=1916&y=617&a=true&file...calingup=0]

I still hope I'm doing something wrong and there's no HW issue with my WD. Could you guys help me to troubleshoot the issue?
Thanks a lot!
Hi pecival,

Apparently seems there is a problem with the receiver module, can you please post a picture of the back of the unit?
The antenna you tried should be OK.

Rgs
(08-09-2020, 23:10)Werk_AG Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pecival,

Apparently seems there is a problem with the receiver module, can you please post a picture of the back of the unit?
The antenna you tried should be OK.

Rgs

[Image: preview]
[Image: cySYBdcKcXC3aEW?x=499&y=617&a=true&file=...calingup=0]
As far as the power supply is concerned, it looks like the 5V is flowing in.
I power the WD using my computer's USB, hope it is enough.
Hi,

Powering it via computer USB, usually its OK.
I sent you a PM, please check your inbox.

Rgs.