WeatherDuino Forum

Full Version: New AQM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
The new AQM pcb looks promising with the integrated display (optional) and have ordered one. I think that the display is a positive move which would allow visitors  etc to easily see the air quality and maybe order one as a stand alone unit !!
All we need now is for Jarek to design an enclosure with ventilation slots and a Perspex viewing panel with a wall  mount??
I am sure it would be popular and he seems to do it effortlessly.
Regards
Jim
Hi Jim,

Thank you for having ordered the new AQM II
Indeed this unit is very easy to use, and can be used by everyone even those that don't have an WeatherDuino Weathe Station. It is a truly stand alone device.

Besides the data displayed on the 1.3" OLED display, if you point your browser to the unit IP address you get a JSON formatted output, like this:

[attachment=1836]

Values here are times 10, except for CO2.
Data is from an indoor unit installed on my work room (I should not smoke here  Smile )
Werk,

i am having some issues with my AQM II, nothing to do with anything you supplied, but I thought I would share it with you to highlight what I think may be a future issue. I have been waiting for my 1.3 inch displays to arrive to complete the project (yes i ordered two) and in the meantime been using a smaller display tempoarily wedged in place without soldering. 
They eventually arrived but failed to work: both got a little warm to touch but nothing else. I initially thought i had done some damage to the unit, but thankfully it still works with the small display.
The issue i am leading to is he difficulty in removing the display with only four pins (twice) and not damaging the PCB; I would like to see as many sub board components such as the ESP8266 module, for example placed in header sockets, and in this case using the printed enclosure there is sufficient room to achieve this with the ESP8266, but not the screen.
I vividly remember removing the same module from my WD unit, after an electrical storm destroyed it and having to resort to sawing the board up with my Dremmel and then removing the pins; it now is installed with female headers.
I will post a photo of the completed unit eventually, but I would like to know if it is possible to alter the code and have a symbol on the display showing the WiFi status, similar to the one in the top corner of theWD display?
Regardless, I think the unit is fabulous and would like to also see if possible a reading of CO, vey handy in houses with central fuel heating
Regards
Jim
(28-06-2019, 05:55)Barrow4491 Wrote: [ -> ]...
The issue i am leading to is he difficulty in removing the display with only four pins (twice) and not damaging the PCB; I would like to see as many sub board components such as the ESP8266 module, for example placed in header sockets, and in this case using the printed enclosure there is sufficient room to achieve this with the ESP8266, but not the screen.

Hello Jim,

I understand your point of view, however we always have to make choices. We (I and Jarek) have discussed that possibility, even thought on the lifetime of the OLED display, which is several years. The use of a socket for OLED display would imply a somewhat bigger enclosure, and possibly the use of spacers and longer screws to fix the board to the front panel of the enclosure.

(28-06-2019, 05:55)Barrow4491 Wrote: [ -> ]...
I will post a photo of the completed unit eventually, but I would like to know if it is possible to alter the code and have a symbol on the display showing the WiFi status, similar to the one in the top corner of theWD display?

I liked the idea! Smile
It's already implemented, so you can count with it on next AQM II software release.

Pictures of assembled units are always welcome. They are also useful to others.
Week,
I understand the issue with the display but there is room in Jarekh,s enclosure to mount the CO2 and the ESP module on headers currently.
Thanks for the info on the Tx module and your confirmation that you will look into the WiFi indicator
Regards
Jim
Werk,
I want to purchase a new OLED for use with my AQM II. Is there a particular type that works with the driver package?
The one I now have does not show anything on the display regardless of it’s address reporting as 0x3c, but it works OK when run with “u8glib graphics test”
Could you point me to the supplier you use please?
Regards
Jim
Hi Jim,

Please check the pinout of the OLED displays you have. There are some models which are Vcc, GND, SCL, SDA, these ones even if you correctly connect them with wires they will not work with the AQM II.

The correct model for AQM II will look like those on the pictures below

[attachment=1913]

[attachment=1914]
(04-07-2019, 01:22)Werk_AG Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jim,

Please check the pinout of the OLED displays you have. There are some models which are Vcc, GND, SCL, SDA, these ones even if you correctly connect them with wires they will not work with the AQM II.

Werk, 
The ones i have are marked correctly for the pin connections but have no details on the back. Could you please advise me of your supplier and I will order them.
Regards
Jim
(04-07-2019, 05:32)Barrow4491 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2019, 01:22)Werk_AG Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jim,

Werk, 
The ones i have are marked correctly for the pin connections but have no details on the back. Could you please advise me of your supplier and I will order them.
Regards
Jim

Hello Jim,
I bought them for example here: eBay - seller: good-module