WeatherDuino Forum

Full Version: [V6] TX does not transmit, I had to miss something
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello,

292/5000
I just tried version 6 for pro2plus. Handy menu button, it avoids going around all the panels.
TX does not transmit.

on the RX, I have the clock that keeps coming up when I put 0 not to see it.
So I went back to version 5
(24-03-2018, 12:23)f4aii Wrote: [ -> ]hello,

292/5000
I just tried version 6 for pro2plus. Handy menu button, it avoids going around all the panels.
TX does not transmit.

on the RX, I have the clock that keeps coming up when I put 0 not to see it.
So I went back to version 5

Do you have any DHT22 connected to TX?
Please try latest release.
yes, i have an DHT22. I try the new soft tomorrow
thanks
Hi Werk, I am not sure if this is related or not. I updated my Tx to v6.0_b004 today and ran into a no transmission problem. I replicated this on two separate Tx boards, my master being version 2.50 and my secondary board which is not in use, version 3.12. I tried two different Nanos with the same result.

It was when I configured the second board with no temperature sensors in use I found a clue, because then the latest software version started transmitting.

I use an SHT1x sensor, and it is whenever I have sensor 1 activated for use with the SHT1x (option 0) that my Tx boards fail to transmit at all. I have sensor 0 disabled.

I do not know if anyone else still uses the SHT1x sensor, or perhaps f4aii does use one and not a DHT22? The previous V6.0 software was no problem with this sensor, and is what I have reverted to for now. I have updated the Rx to the latest and all seems well there.

I hope I have not misunderstood the upgrade somewhere  Wink
WeatherDuino Pro2 Universal TX v6.0_b004
I removed from TX: #define TH_SENSOR_1 0 // DHT22
the TX transmits the frames again, I will wait for the next patch to be able to reactivate the DHT22

WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS AT2560 RX v6.0 b010
On the RX, when I'm on the system info, the clock is displayed 20 seconds later, when I press on the screen to display the system info again, I come back to the home screen instead to return to the screen where I was

#define BACKLIGHT_TIMEOUT 0 // Timeout for display backlight in minutes (1 to 255). 0 = Always ON
#define USE_BIGCLOCK 1 // Instead of turning off TFT backlight, show a big clock screen. 0 = No, 1 = Yes
I do not want to see the clock, I indicated in the config but on the home screen, the clock is always displayed after 60 seconds.

Nothing really annoying.
Convenient access to different menus
thank you

No problem with WD.
Hi fa4ii,

(25-03-2018, 09:39)f4aii Wrote: [ -> ]WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS AT2560 RX v6.0 b010
On the RX, when I'm on the system info, the clock is displayed 20 seconds later, when I press on the screen to display the system info again, I come back to the home screen instead to return to the screen where I was

Sorry, I'm not understanding what you mean. The clock on the top right of the screen is always present no matter in what data screen you are, so how is takes 20 seconds to display?

Can you please post your Config_Options.h file?

(25-03-2018, 09:39)f4aii Wrote: [ -> ]WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS AT2560 RX v6.0 b010

#define BACKLIGHT_TIMEOUT 0 // Timeout for display backlight in minutes (1 to 255). 0 = Always ON
#define USE_BIGCLOCK 1 // Instead of turning off TFT backlight, show a big clock screen. 0 = No, 1 = Yes
I do not want to see the clock, I indicated in the config but on the home screen, the clock is always displayed after 60 seconds.

If you don't want to see the big clock, set

Code:
#define USE_BIGCLOCK  0     // Instead of turning off TFT backlight, show a big clock screen. 0 = No, 1 = Yes

Quote:WeatherDuino Pro2 Universal TX v6.0_b004
I removed from TX: #define TH_SENSOR_1 0 // DHT22
the TX transmits the frames again, I will wait for the next patch to be able to reactivate the DHT22

Don't remove that line, or any other #define statement, most of them in WeatherDuino should have a value.
I have just finish to reconfirm, and the DHT22 sensor is working perfectly with TX b004, transmiting data normally.
(25-03-2018, 08:03)qldbureau Wrote: [ -> ]I use an SHT1x sensor, and it is whenever I have sensor 1 activated for use with the SHT1x (option 0) that my Tx boards fail to transmit at all. I have sensor 0 disabled.

I do not know if anyone else still uses the SHT1x sensor, or perhaps f4aii does use one and not a DHT22? The previous V6.0 software was no problem with this sensor, and is what I have reverted to for now. I have updated the Rx to the latest and all seems well there.

With which TX v6 build it worked?

Edited (03:34): Right now I have an SHT1x, attached to a TX unit running V6.0 b004 and it is transmitting fine. Sensor 0 disabled too to match described situation.
Investigation continues, but please check if you are really using TX v6.0_b004

Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   Define type of Temperature / Humidity sensor used as Sensor 0 and / or Sensor 1
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define TH_SENSOR_0  9      // [SENSOR 0] - 0 for SHT2x sensor, 1 for SHT31 sensor, 2 for HTU21 sensor, 9 for Not Used
#define TH_SENSOR_1  0      // [SENSOR 1] - 0 for SHT1x sensor, 1 for DHT22 sensor, 9 for Not Used

//   Define which Temp / Hum sensor controls the fan, and threshold values
#define    FANCONTROL_SENSOR   1       // 0 for Sensor 0, 1 for Sensor 1 (which sensor is used to control the RS Fan)
const int16_t fanOn_HiTemp  = 38;      // RS Fan turn on when outside temperature is >= than this value (ºC)
const int16_t fanOn_LowTemp =  2;      // RS Fan turn on when outside temperature is <= than this value (ºC)
const byte    fanOn_LowWind =  1;      // RS Fan turn on when Wind Average is <= than this value (m/s)

Even if a fan is not used, the FANCONTROL_SENSOR must refer to a defined sensor (0 or 1).
Hi Werk,

Just to be sure, I downloaded the latest update of the whole package again for TX_6.0-b004. Version 6.0-b003 is working fine.

Fortunately I have a spare SHT1x sensor so I prepared it to my second Tx board I had not put to use yet, and installed inside so it is easy to test combinations and leave the main Tx alone for now. The second board and SHT1x I have mapped successfully to the Rx so I know when it is sending data.
The main Tx outside is running version b004 now and it seems to be fine if ENABLE_DEBUG is turned to true.

With the second board and sensor inside, I experimented with settings. What I am reliably reproducing, is whenever rain and wind data are both set to active, the board ceases all transmission. This includes the Tx LED no longer blinks, and the Rx hardware status stops blinking for the affected Tx board.

When I disable either one, rain or wind, everything is fine again.

I tried several times with wind and rain both on, and the board ceased transmission. With either one switched off at a time it seems fine. All tests with SHT1x turned on.

I have not been able to grab any information from the serial log unfortunately.

I attach my Tx configuration as I normally use it.

Mark.

Code:
//    WeatherDuino Pro2 Universal TX - Version: 6.0_b004
//           Start of user configurable options

//   Define ID and TX unit number
const byte Station_ID = 0xA1;    // Must be equal to your RX Unit (Value from 0x00 to 0xFF)  
const byte UnitID     = 0;       // If you use only one TX unit define it as UnitID = 0
                                // For a second TX unit, define it as UnitID = 1, and so on...

//   Define type of Temperature / Humidity sensor used as Sensor 0 and / or Sensor 1
#define TH_SENSOR_0  9      // [SENSOR 0] - 0 for SHT2x sensor, 1 for SHT31 sensor, 2 for HTU21 sensor, 9 for Not Used
#define TH_SENSOR_1  0      // [SENSOR 1] - 0 for SHT1x sensor, 1 for DHT22 sensor, 9 for Not Used

//   Define which Temp / Hum sensor controls the fan, and threshold values
#define    FANCONTROL_SENSOR   1       // 0 for Sensor 0, 1 for Sensor 1 (which sensor is used to control the RS Fan)
const int16_t fanOn_HiTemp  = 32;      // RS Fan turn on when outside temperature is >= than this value (ºC)
const int16_t fanOn_LowTemp =  5;      // RS Fan turn on when outside temperature is <= than this value (ºC)
const byte    fanOn_LowWind =  1;      // RS Fan turn on when Wind Average is <= than this value (m/s)

//   Define type of Wind Speed sensor. See below for allowed types
/*
--- Fine Offset Anemometers ---
Use 1O for standard FO anemometers
Use 11 for FO anemometer modified with 1 hall effect sensor

--- Inspeed Anemometers ---
Use 20 for Inspeed Vortex, digital 8 pulse revolution anemometer
Use 21 for Inspeed Vortex, hall efect sensor
Use 22 for Inspeed Vortex, read switch sensor

--- Davis Anemometers ---
Use 30 for Davis 6410, 7911 anemometer

--- Novalynx Anemometers ---
Use 40 for Novalynx, model 200-WS-02F

--- Environmental Measurements Limited ---
Use 50 for EML, model WSD1

--- Didcot Instrument Company ---
Use 60 for DIDCOT, model DWR205

--- Vector Instruments ---
Use 70 for Vector Instruments model A100LK
Use 71 for Vector Instruments model A100L2
Use 72 for Vector Instruments model A100R
*/
#define WINDSPEED_SENSORTYPE 10             // SEE INFO ABOVE!!!

//   Define type of Wind Direction sensor
/*
--- Fine Offset Wind Vane ---
Use 1O for standard FO wind vane

--- Analogue Wind Vanes ---
Use 20 for any 5V analogue wind vane. See bellow for a list of tested models

- Inspeed E-Vane 2
- Davis 6410
- Novalynx, model 200-WS-02F
- Environmental Measurements Limited, model model WSD1
- DIDCOT, model DWD205
- Almost all 5V analogue wind vanes will work

*/
#define WINDDIR_SENSORTYPE  10  // SEE INFO ABOVE!!!

//          Analogue Vane Offset Calibration
const int16_t WDir_offs = 0;   // Usually there is no need to change default value (zero)

//   Define Rain Gauge tip boucket value (mm)
/*
 Use 0.280 for standard FineOfset rain gauges (Datasheet value = 0.2794)
 Use 0.200 for standard metric Davis rain gauges
 Use 0.254 for standard imperial Davis rain gauges
*/  
#define COLLECTOR_TYPE  0.200  // Please note: Values must be in metric units. Max. resolution: 3 decimal digits

//   Define type of UV Sensor
#define UV_SENSOR  9      // 0= UVM-30A, 1= VEML6075, 9= Not used

//   Soil / Leaf Interface Enable Disable
#define SOIL_LEAF_INTERFACE       0    // 0 = Soil Leaf Interface not used, 1 = Enable Soil Leaf Interface
const byte Number_AnalogSensors = 2;   // Up to 4 analog sensors

//   Define which data this unit will send. 0 = Not send this data, 1= Send this data
#define ID0  1   // Temp/Hum Data
#define ID1  0   // Not Used
#define ID2  1   // Wind data
#define ID3  1   // Rain data
#define ID4  0   // SolRad / UV data
#define ID5  1   // Hardware Status - System Temp, Battery Voltage etc
#define ID7  0   // Send Soil & Leaf Temperature Data
#define ID9  0   // Send Soil & Leaf Moisture / Wetness Data

// *************************************************************************************
//     Hardware Settings
// *************************************************************************************
// Define if the TMP36 sensor is instaled
#define USE_TMP36       1          // 0= Not Instaled, 1= Intalled

//   SHT31 I2C Address - Default address will work most of the times!
#define SHT31_ADDRESS   0x44       // Default value is 0x44, but it can be changed to 0x45

//     End of user configurable options

//   Debug
#define ENABLE_DEBUG           false       // Enable this first before enabling any of the other Debug options. Keep all disabled for normal operation
#define DEBUG_ID0              false
#define DEBUG_ID2              false
#define DEBUG_ID3              false
#define DEBUG_ID4              false
#define DEBUG_ID5              false
#define DEBUG_SL_INTERFACE     false
#define ENABLE_DEBUG_LCD       false
#define EASYWEATHER_TEST       false
Hi qldbureau,

Your tests are very useful, and allowed me to reproduce the problem. A definitive correction should be available soon.
Contrary to what I though, the not transmitting issue is not related to any specific type of sensor, by the contrary, it could occour with several particular combinations of user options.
Very strange this bug, which is caused by and error in the preprocessor directives.

Once again thank you.
Regards
(26-03-2018, 17:43)Werk_AG Wrote: [ -> ]Hi qldbureau,

Your tests are very useful, and allowed me to reproduce the problem. A definitive correction should be available soon.
Contrary to what I though, the not transmitting issue is not related to any specific type of sensor, by the contrary, it could occour with several particular combinations of user options.
Very strange this bug, which is caused by and error in the preprocessor directives.

Once again thank you.
Regards

Well done as always Werk  Smile Hopefully my tests helped narrow it down quickly. I have applied all updates from this release to my Rx and both Tx boards. All working wonderfully. Thank-you for your efforts.

Regards,
Mark
Pages: 1 2