WeatherDuino Forum

Full Version: Sensirion SHT35 support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was looking at the Closed Cube website for other sensors and I noticed that the libraries for the Closed Cube SHT31D sensor that I am using are also used for the SHT35. Does this mean the SHT35 is plug-in compatible too? Or is there more to it than that? Can I just buy that SHT35 breakout and swap it for the SHT31 with no other change?

Here's where I found that info. https://github.com/closedcube/ClosedCube_SHT31D_Arduino

"Note: The library supports SHT30 (low-cost) and SHT35 (high-end) sensor versions as well."

TIA
I haven't any SHT35 for testing, but it seems that all SHT3x sensors are read the same manner. If that is true, you can swap between any of them without any change on the code.
Thank for the reply. I think I'll order it and give it a try.
SHT35-D received. I'll install it when I get a chance. With all the rain we got last month the mosquito population makes working outside miserable, especially if one is standing still!

[Image: al2NDox.jpg]
Well I installed it and it didn't work. Rebooted the receiver and the transmitter multiple times and it simply displayed 32 degrees F. Swapped the SHT31 back in and the temp displayed properly. Must be some sort of difference between the two libraries. Oh well.
Please not that the your ClosedCube SHT35-D comes by default at address 0x45 and the software is expecting for it to be at address 0x44 (default for almost all SHT3x sensors).

You can try to change the default address in the user configurable settings

Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   SHT31 I2C Address - Default address will work most of the times!
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define SHT31_address 0x44       // Default value is 0x44, but it can be changed to 0x45

If it still not work, change the address on the ClosedCube module.

I checked the libraries, and there is nothing on them to distinguish between an SHT31 or a SHT35. So the supplied library should work with both.
OK thanks.

I would rather all the modules be the same address in case the SHT35 fails then I can simply swap it out for the SHT31. How do I change the address on the ClosedCube module?
Oh you have to be kidding me. Have to move a surface mount resistor to change i2c addresses? LOL. Nope, that's not going to happen.
I guess when I get a chance to put the wind/rain and TX1 up I'll have to reprogram TX0 anyway, so I'll do the address in the software then.

thanks
(25-07-2017, 20:34)danner Wrote: [ -> ]OK thanks.

I would rather all the modules be the same address in case the SHT35 fails then I can simply swap it out for the SHT31. How do I change the address on the ClosedCube module?

This is from Tindie who sells the ClosedCube SHT35:

•I2C address (7-bit) can be 0x44 or 0x45 (pre-set)

Its nice having the possibility to choose the address, but its a pity that they don't supply the sensor with the most common address which is 0x44 set by default.

(25-07-2017, 20:41)danner Wrote: [ -> ]Oh you have to be kidding me. Have to move a surface mount resistor to change i2c addresses? LOL. Nope, that's not going to happen.

Is not as hard as it seems. Its only a 0 Ohm resistor or in other terms, a shunt.
Pages: 1 2 3