WeatherDuino Forum

Full Version: Web Server Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I checked out the built in Web Server offered by the "WeatherDuino Pro2 Plus" board last night - looks good and is a nice and easy way to find out what is going on with my station directly.

Just wondering if there is an easier way to find it on my network? I had to snoop my network last night to find out what the Pro2 Plus station's IP address was to be able to access it. Subsequently after turning it off and on again during the day, it has now been assigned a new IP address by my home router.

Is there a way that the IP address can be set within the settings of the "WeatherDuino Pro2 Plus" software? Or alternatively have the station be named? For example my computers have a name I can type in to access the files without needing to know the IP address of the machine. having the station named on the network so all that would need to be added is the port number would be really nice: EG, "WeatherDuino:80" could be typed into a web browser to access the web server.

I understand that this is probably not something that is already built into the software, but could be a nice addition for future development.

Kind regards,
PalmyWeather
Personally, I think the simplest way is the one I've used... Wink  

Allocate a fixed IP address to your Pro Plus in your router. Mine is a DrayTek 2860 so using the router's dashboard, I identified the WD, found its MAC address and used the "Bind IP Address To MAC" setting to allocate an address, in my case 192.168.1.111 which now never changes irrespective of whether the WD, router or anything else shuts down or reboots.

Hope this helps.

Allan.
Exactly!

Then it may look similar to my home router:

[Image: IPdefinition.JPG]
I do the same with my router. I still use DHCP, but the IP's are fixed for each device so their IP never changes on the network.
A fixed IP binded to a MAC address is also my prefered method