WeatherDuino Forum

Full Version: P82B715
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having trouble locating the "82B715 Philips DIP8 – I2C bus extender" in the USA. It is preferable not to have to wait for weeks on end for the part to get here from china only to have the wrong part show up or only half a part.

All I can find is Texas Instruments and NXP. I really don't want to order the wrong part. This part has a slightly different part number, but will it work? P82B715P

TIA
As much as I know they are equivalent. Most of the times I'm using the NXP brand
Thank you. I will order the part and hope for the best.
Hi,

Some years ago, Philips "sold" their semiconductor manufacturing facilities to create a new company called NXP.  So the "NXP" brand (now being renamed again as "Nexperiia") products should be identical.

But I would expect the Texas devices to be a perfectly satisfactory alternative; the suffix letters usually indicate the style of package so that might need to be checked from the data sheet.

Cheers,  Alan.
I received the part and installed it. The data sheet shows a tiny dot to indicate pin 1 but the actual chip has a large dot between 2 pins. There is no U shaped cutout indicating the direction to install the chip. I hope I installed it the correct way.

[Image: 3Lrzi5K.jpg]

[Image: 2XRuG3z.jpg]
Danner, the chip in the picture is installed correctly.

The number 1 pin on chips are marked in different ways, as you found out.
Some chips has a u shaped indent, some a small dot like you see on the data sheet and some larger dot between pins 1 & 2 as the chip in the photo.
Thank you, Mike.

I've had a few missteps along the way with wrong parts, receiving only half a part, or the right part but it wont fit, so I'm a little gun shy at this point. I've never done a project like this so sometimes it feels like driving while blindfolded. I am grateful those more experienced with electrical projects are willing to answer what may seem like absurdly basic questions, but to someone with no experience in kit building some things aren't so obvious. Thanks again.
Danner,

Yes, it is installed correctly ...  Smile 
And I'd like to tell you your soldering looks very good.
I wish you a lot of success.
Thanks, Zdenek. I used to work for the phone company so I know how to solder wires, but assembling PCB's and such is new to me.

I just discovered this blue colored putty that I used to hold the components in place while I soldered them. On this Tx board I used the putty so the components are a little straighter than on the other boards, LOL.
(25-05-2017, 17:24)danner Wrote: [ -> ]... but assembling PCB's and such is new to me.

It seems you are going very well.  Smile

Since the beginning that I'm observing a quite interesting thing regarding the WeatherDuino Pro2 system: despite of the intentional absence of fully step by step assembling guides, or "How To" documents, several people have found on the WeatherDuino Pro2 the motivation to, for the first time assemble several PCB's, and as most as I know, all of them have ended with a fully functional system.
The absence of step by step guides leads to more deep research about what we are doing, and consequently to a better knowledge of all the aspects of the process. It's not the easier or fastest way, but for sure that is a way that can lead each one to higher flights.
Developing and working with this system, is an everyday learning experience for myself, I hope that for all the others, the building process, not be just a question of assembling parts, but also can be an interesting learning experience.
Pages: 1 2