Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

console battery

quick question - is there any way of logging the "console battery" voltage, so that I can keep an eye on my solar panel charging ? Thanks, Paul

What software are you using?
If you are using Cumulus, and storing your data in a database, maybe you could change the script, and include the "console battery" data.
Cumulus have a webtag <#battery>, which have this data.

Maybe someone have a better idea.

I do not know about Cumulus but with WeeWX values are stored in the default database inside a field named consBatteryVoltage.

Daily, monthly, yearly and alltime maximum and minimum voltages along with the times they occurred are available in templates using something like:
Code:
$day.consBatteryVoltage.min.formatted
$day.consBatteryVoltage.mintime
$day.consBatteryVoltage.max.formatted
$day.consBatteryVoltage.mintime
etc...

A graph can be plotted by editing the skin.conf and cloning one of the existing graphs, replacing the name of the variable to be plotted with consBatteryVoltage.

You may check a working example of the result in my "station health page"

(28-11-2015, 04:07)Werk_AG Wrote:  What software are you using?

...Cumulus have a webtag <#battery>, which have this data.

I'm running Cumulus MX. I started out creating a custom web page with the <#battery> tag in it, but I wanted something more flexible.

I ended up creating an extra table for "system data" in MySQL, then added the following custom SQL code and configured it to run every 5 minutes:

Configured under: Settings > MySQL Settings > Custom upload - minutes interval

Code:
INSERT INTO System (LogDateTime, BatteryVolts) VALUES( NOW(), '<#battery>');

I'm happy to elaborate further if anyone is interested, but it's hard to answer the original question without knowing what software vk2kzo is running.

(01-12-2015, 01:25)Shred Wrote:  I ended up creating an extra table for "system data" in MySQL, then added the following custom SQL code and configured it to run every 5 minutes:

Code:

I'm happy to elaborate further if anyone is interested, but it's hard to answer the original question without knowing what software vk2kzo is running.

I would be interested in seeing this if you are able to. I am on CumulusMX also and have managed to implement the current battery volts on my Saratoga template using the appropriate web tags.

(01-12-2015, 22:39)qldbureau Wrote:  
(01-12-2015, 01:25)Shred Wrote:  I ended up creating an extra table for "system data" in MySQL, then added the following custom SQL code and configured it to run every 5 minutes:

Code:

I would be interested in seeing this if you are able to. I am on CumulusMX also and have managed to implement the current battery volts on my Saratoga template using the appropriate web tags.

I also would be keen on implementing this as I also powering my transmitter using solar. CumulusMX is also being used. The template display is Weather Blues.

thanks for the interest everybody - I am using Cumulus Ver. 1.9.4 build 1099. Also, very much a novice when it comes to programming !