This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
best choice: Inspeed or Davis sensors?
(20-08-2019, 04:51)markkkk42 Wrote: I used the davis wind and direction sensor on my Plus for quite a long time until the direction sensor pot died. I fixed it and used it again but decided to try the INspeed ones. Much better units in operation. I did make my own adaptors to fit it to my tubes for mounting but they have been flawless so far. Infact I am going to get another set for home. I think it cost me US$150 at the time for both plus shipping and dollar conversion they cost me around AUS$275 landed. heaps cheaper than any Davis setup for the same. I would recommend them and mine are in a hard enviroment here in OZ. The station is out on my farm in a dryish hot area about 50km west of the east coast. What I would like to find is a Davis rain gauge and temperature housing. They are hard to come by unless anyone knows of something else that is reasonably priced and actually works well

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/p...44#history

Thank you very much for your insight!

maybe I'll try to email Inspeed one more time and hopefully they will give a reply.
Else I will go for the Davis...

Messages In This Thread
RE: best choice: Inspeed or Davis sensors? - by edr1924 - 20-08-2019, 15:47