This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Software Question
While I am waiting for my parts to turn up, thought I would take a look at the software.

First question - Do I need a C compiler to compile the software with my options?
Second question - Station Id - is this just a setting in the software that has to match i.e. the default 0xA1 or do I have to get it from the RX board once it is up and running and set it accordingly?
Quote:First question - Do I need a C compiler to compile the software with my options?

Just download the IDE from here: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
One you open the software in there, it will before pretty much self explanatory.

Quote:Second question - Station Id - is this just a setting in the software that has to match i.e. the default 0xA1 or do I have to get it from the RX board once it is up and running and set it accordingly?

You only need to change that setting if you use multiple TX units.
Quote:First question - Do I need a C compiler to compile the software with my options?

Yes but it's included on free Arduino IDE software.
You can download it from here:
http://arduino.cc/en/main/software

Before compile, extract libraries included in WeatherDuino Pro2 software package to your Arduino IDE libraries folder.

Quote:Second question - Station Id - is this just a setting in the software that has to match i.e. the default 0xA1 or do I have to get it from the RX board once it is up and running and set it accordingly?

For Station ID, you may choose any value between 0x00 and 0xFF. The only requeriment is that you must set the same value in RX and TX software.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

Just a couple of things to note by the way.
In the Arduino IDE software,
You open the file named like this "WeatherDuino_RX_vxxx_bxxx.ino
and also set the software to the board type under tools/board/Arduino Nano w/ mega328

Edit: and the right Com port (as seen in the device manager of your computer).
Thanks both, getting the software.

Quote:You only need to change that setting if you use multiple TX units.

Bob bit puzzled by this reply since the comment on the code says
Quote:Must be equal to your RX Unit
so that infers only changes if you use multiple RX units, 2 TX units transmitting to the single RX unit would have the same code, or am I reading it wrongly.
I may have that wrong. We'll have to see what Werk_AG says.

Sorry, I did have that wrong, Angel

You need to change that if a neighbour has another station close by. Just to distinguish your station from another. So really you won't need to change that that ID.
Hi water01

In your setup, you plan to use one RX unit and two TX units (just like mine Smile)

Set the same Station ID for all the units.
Set one of yours TX unit as Unit ID = 0 and the other as Unit ID =1

Now, supposing you have your wind instruments on TX unit 0 and Temp/Hum plus Rain Gauge on TX unit 1, just configure your RX software like exemple below.

Code:
#define TH_OutUnit       1    // 0 for Temp/Hum from TX_Unit0, 1 for TX_Unit1
#define TH_OutSensor     1    // 0 for SHT21, 1 for DHT22 or SHT1X
#define WIND_OutUnit     0    // 0 for Wind from TX_Unit0, 1 for TX_Unit1, 2 for Auriol RF Odometer
#define RAIN_OutUnit     1    // 0 for Rain from TX_Unit0, 1 for TX_Unit1, 2 for Auriol RF Rain Gauge
//#define SRUV_OutUnit     0    // 0 for Solar Rad / UV from TX_Unit0, 1 for TX_Unit1
                              // Keep commented unless you have Solar Radiation and UV sensors.

When putting in Lat and Long it says use tenth degrees so I assume that means mine should be

Code:
#define LATITUDE      511434        // Put here your Station latitude in tenths of degrees North
#define LONGITUDE     023149        // Put here your Station longitude in tenths of degrees East

although I am West of the Meridian so the second one may be wrong.

(26-08-2014, 11:54)Werk_AG Wrote: Hi water01

In your setup, you plan to use one RX unit and two TX units (just like mine Smile)

Set the same Station ID for all the units.
Set one of yours TX unit as Unit ID = 0 and the other as Unit ID =1

Thanks Werk_AG.
Supposing your latitude is 51.14 degres North, just put 511
same for longitude: 2.32 degrees East, put 23

(26-08-2014, 12:19)Werk_AG Wrote: Supposing your latitude is 51.14 degres North, just put 511
same for longitude: 2.32 degrees East, put 23

But I am West of the Meridian so what do I put in then as it states degrees East.

In Cumulus I have these settings