Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

RX board TFT has no time date. firm 1.5

The multiple use of Last_min in the firmware 1.5 keeps it from updating the time and date on the screen using a TFT LCD.
I have changed my code as follows so it updates. Please note this is only a snippet of the code I have modified. Werks have a look and confirm?
I found that Last_min was getting changed into minutos before the D_TFT sketch conditions could be met. Therefore no date and time was available. This is my finding anyways
Code:
// --- Every minute Tasks - Update LCD Clock, Read local sensors, Broadcast ATM
  if (MinuteNow % 1 == 0 && MinuteNow != last_minN)
  {
    #if DisplayType >= 1
      DisplayClock_LCD(YearNow, MonthNow, DayNow, HourNow, MinuteNow);
    #endif  
    read_InsideTH_Sensor();
    read_BMP();
    #if Relay_Data == 1
      send_LocalData();
    #endif
    last_minN = MinuteNow;  
  }

I thought that you were using an LCD display, now I understand you are using the 1.8 TFT display.
Despite the changes you made may have solved the problem, the code that deal with displaying the clock on the TFT display, is not that piece of code.
Indeed there is an error in the display clock routines for the TFT display. Thank you for having spotted that. As the TFT display cannot be used together with the data logger function, currently it is used only by very few people, and I forgot to check the code for it.

I suggest you to do just a small change in latest RX v1.5 b013 code.

In D_TFT sketch, add this line after line 198
Code:
static byte last_min;

I'm away from home so I can't test it right now, please let me know if this change works.

(17-11-2015, 19:57)Werk_AG Wrote:  I thought that you were using an LCD display, now I understand you are using the 1.8 TFT display.
Despite the changes you made may have solved the problem, the code that deal with displaying the clock on the TFT display, is not that piece of code.
Indeed there is an error in the display clock routines for the TFT display. Thank you for having spotted that. As the TFT display cannot be used together with the data logger function, currently it is used only by very few people, and I forgot to check the code for it.

I suggest you to do just a small change in latest RX v1.5 b013 code.

In D_TFT sketch, add this line after line 198
Code:
static byte last_min;

I'm away from home so I can't test it right now, please let me know if this change works.
Ok it is early morning here in Australia. I'll have a look tonight and report back. The TFT screen is a temporary measure, as I'm waiting for lcd to come. I installed the TFT as it was something I had in parts bin.

Hi strada916

The quick fix that I have suggested above, not solves the problem entirely, so I did a more solid correction to the code. Please download again the latest release (it have the same version and build number, the changes are so small that I decided to just update the same release).
As I'm at home now, I tested the changes with a 1.8 TFT, hope it works for you too Smile
Thank you.

Hey Werk
Downloaded firmware again, inserted my config file and uploaded. All working now. I see you used Last_min1 in the D_TFT Yes very small change.

Thanks for a great project.
I'll keep you in formed.

Strada916