This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
[Pro2 Plus RX] Integrating RESTful Sensor Data - working solution for local wifi/www
Hi Werk_AG,

I am on holiday, but I want to support progress Smile
Yes the data saving with the struct can be optimized! Improvements are welcome...

We already thought about pinging... But if no timeout is given, then the ping will last as long as a normal data transmission (3000ms)...
So our approach was to detect the downtime in the data get routine and pause for a few times.
The port thing is up to you! I would keep it flexible (easy to change in config) with a standard port let's say 80.

Regards from Ibiza Wink
Hi t3gathome

Choice of http port (same for the four units) is already implemented.
Enjoy your holidays, we will talk later.

Next time, for your holidays try Portugal Smile

Regards
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

(04-07-2018, 22:54)Werk_AG Wrote: Hi t3gathome

Choice of http port (same for the four units) is already implemented.
Enjoy your holidays, we will talk later.

Next time, for your holidays try Portugal  Smile

Regards

Hi Werk_AG,

yes I know... But as you already mentioned... it is the same for all 4... If one device would differ, then it would be a deeper change in code...
Thanks it was pretty nice :Big Grin
It was a pre organized cruise, but unfortunately without a harbour in portugal :/ Wink
But at least Cabo da Roca and Lisboa stands on places, I wanna have been Big Grin!
Hi t3gathome,

Those (like you) that eventually will need a different port per unit, surely will be able to add that possibility without great difficulty. Perhaps just adding a new int array of 4 positions in the config_options.h file and define the ports in the same order as de IP addresses, plus a small change in a single line of code.

As soon as possible I will try to create a software package to send to you for testing. Definitively the feature we are talking about will be included in future releases of the WeatherDuino code. There are also some other interesting novelties: The Pro2 PLUS and the Pro2 Compact systems can now broadcast all the data to the new Wireless Display units by WiFi. Transmission is very quick, all units receive the data at the same time. Data is broadcast by UDT to the local network (xxx.xxx.xxx.255), on a single port.

Something tell me that you will appreciate this!  Smile

PS: From North to Sud, there are many beautiful places in Portugal (from nice beaches to mountain), good food and high quality wine.
Long ago, I lived some time in a small village called Hirsau (near CALW) in the Schwarzwald region.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

Thumbs Up 
Heart Smile
Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here
(08-07-2018, 23:17)Werk_AG Wrote: PS: From North to Sud, there are many beautiful places in Portugal (from nice beaches to mountain), good food and high quality wine.
Long ago, I lived some time in a small village called Hirsau (near CALW) in the Schwarzwald region.

Yes my work colleague has visited Portugal and said it's beautiful and the people are very nice and friendly. One day I'll like to tour that part of the world too. I just got back from a short holiday in Thailand. Loved it. Was great to escape the frost here too.

I had a girlfriend that was living over the French boarder from Hiirsau in a little village called Rittershoffen. Very nice place but wow, just when I thought it was cold here. It was -13 in Frankfurt when I landed lol.