This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Pro2 PLUS] warning about some 2.8 SPI TFT (ILI9341) displays on eBay.
Hi engolling,

Thank you. Your help will speed up things. I ordered one of these displays only yesterday, but it will take time to arrive.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

Some good news for the owners of those "Yellow Pins" TFT displays.

Engolling is helping testing a Beta software version which seems to be working with these new type of TFT displays. Further tests will be done to ensure backward compatibility. If everything goes well, support for "Yellow Pins" displays will be included in the next Pro2 PLUS software release.

(18-04-2018, 06:36)Werk_AG Wrote: Some good news for the owners of those "Yellow Pins" TFT displays.

Engolling is helping testing a Beta software version which seems to be working with these new type of TFT displays. Further tests will be done to ensure backward compatibility. If everything goes well, support for "Yellow Pins" displays will be included in the next Pro2 PLUS software release.

Just checking if this all worked out and these displays are now supported? I purchased 2 from an ebay seller that had everything right in the pictures (version 1.1 and all the exact same writing on the back with black pins) when they arrived today they are version 1.2 with yellow pins  Angry

Attached File(s) Image(s)

41south.net.nz powered by WeatherDuino and Weewx
I never tested those "Yellow Pins" TFT displays, but you can try them using this option on the Pro2 Plus software:

Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   Define Type of your Touch Panel (Applies only to PCB Versions >= 20)
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define TOUCH_TYPE       1    // 3= Default Setting, 1= Setting for displays with the "Yellow Pins" (untested)

If you bought the TFTs on eBay and the seller sent you an item different from what he shows in the item listing, you can open a dispute asking to return the items. Sellers are obliged to keep product pictures updated. Most probably you will get a refund, because sellers prefer refund than pay the returning costs.

Thanks Werk, yes I've opened a dispute case with them.

Is this also for the Pro2 compact? The reason is I unfortunately dropped the RX recently and the glass screen came away from the PCB, breaking the ribbon cable at the back which is beyond repair. I removed the display (cut the pins, removed them and cleaned the holes out), put a socket on the PCB and plugged in a spare display to get going again.

Thanks
Colin
(22-01-2019, 05:10)41south Wrote: Is this also for the Pro2 compact?

No. The Pro2 Compact doesn't work with the "yellow pins" TFTs. Should be a model exactly equal to the original.

Rgs

Ok thanks, I'll place another order Smile
I did some more testing with the yellow header display I pictured above. It has the same XPT2046 touch controller chip as the regular one we use so I plugged it in and it works just fine. The only issue I can find is that the x/y coordinates are different so I press in different parts of the screen to change pages.
Yes, the problem with the clones of the original TFT display, isn't the TFT itself, but the touch panel.
By changing the software you may be able to make it work.
Once the Pro2 Compact is supplied fully assemble including the TFT display,  I haven't included software support for those "yellow" pins displays.

I agree the Compact should not need it with the screen attached, it was just unfortunate that my screen broke from a very short fall onto carpet - but these things happen  Rolleyes It was easy to remove the broken one and fit a socket for the new one. All part of the adventure  Big Grin